Sitting on hold..

RuecanOnRails

So I've been sitting on hold for about 30 minutes now listening to looped jazz fusion.

Being on hold sucks, I feel like I'm stuck in limbo unable to leave my desk. I've got all paperwork ready and spread out just waiting for the rep to pick up the line.

What do you do to pass the time while sitting on hold unable to leave? And what's the longest you've waited on hold?

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.

2 hours and it turned out they hung up on me after 30 min so i was sitting there for 1.5 hours thinking i was on hold (They didnt have music) and i just kinda, kicked stuff all bored. idk, wasnt effective tbh

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

Yep, I just go ahead and put them on speakerphone and go about my business. If I don't deserve an immediate response from them, they can wait 5 seconds for me to switch back over to the phone when I get an answer.

CPU: i5 4670k • Cooler: Corsair H100i • Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPOWER • RAM: Crucial Ballistix Elite 2x 8GB • Storage: Samsung 840 250GB SSD, 2x WD Red 3TB • GPU: EVGA GTX 780 3GB • PSU: Corsair RM750W • Case: Corsair 750D • Mouse: Razer Naga 2012 (I actually use the thing for productivity/media buttons) • Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3 w/ Browns - Green LED • Monitor: Asus PB278Q 27" 2560 x 1440, ASUS PB238Q 23" 1920x1080 • Lighting: 2m NZXT Sleeved Blue LED Strip • pcpartpicker.com/p/3cHfZ

Putting them on speakerphone works well, but I can't go about my business as I'd be unprepared and likely not near my base of operations (desk full of paperwork)

Although I could then put THEM on hold while I wander back to my desk if they pick up when I'm away.

I'm just glad they don't have songs with lyrics or there would be a good chance of them picking up while I'm singing along heh

Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

It depends on how important it is. Usually I get annoyed, and hang up, or use the system where they just call you back when they're ready. 

haha yeah, but at this point it's about integrity, i've sat on hold this long... I can't just hang up now haha I've never had much luck with the call back systems usually don't get called back or their system calls me back and no one is on the line.

I put them on hold and go back to playing games. Sometimes I am yelling at my friends over skype about how they suck nuts at Battlefield and the person on the other end of the phone gets confused. 

Also sometimes I put my phone in my pocket and put it on speaker while I am doing other things around the house. My favorite was when I was taking a piss when they finally picked up. I couldn't reach down and get my phone until I was done so they had to listen to the whole thing haha. 

I put them on hold and go back to playing games. Sometimes I am yelling at my friends over skype about how they suck nuts at Battlefield and the person on the other end of the phone gets confused. 

Also sometimes I put my phone in my pocket and put it on speaker while I am doing other things around the house. My favorite was when I was taking a piss when they finally picked up. I couldn't reach down and get my phone until I was done so they had to listen to the whole thing haha. 

Stay classy San Diego  B)

CPU: i5 4670k • Cooler: Corsair H100i • Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPOWER • RAM: Crucial Ballistix Elite 2x 8GB • Storage: Samsung 840 250GB SSD, 2x WD Red 3TB • GPU: EVGA GTX 780 3GB • PSU: Corsair RM750W • Case: Corsair 750D • Mouse: Razer Naga 2012 (I actually use the thing for productivity/media buttons) • Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3 w/ Browns - Green LED • Monitor: Asus PB278Q 27" 2560 x 1440, ASUS PB238Q 23" 1920x1080 • Lighting: 2m NZXT Sleeved Blue LED Strip • pcpartpicker.com/p/3cHfZ

HAHAHA!!!  :D  :D  :D

This is my Lightsaber.          {[=]////]"[¬'/\Y/#####################################
This is my other Lightsaber. (T!!!!!!!T=:"|[\#####################################  #killedmywife 

I just hung up after 1 hour 28 minutes... I hung up somewhat accidentally.

Called back decided to try their Call back feature via leaving a voice mail.

Nearly exact transcript of the call.

Thank you for calling, there are currently 10 people ahead of you in line (I was 7 before) If you would like to stay in line and wait for the next available representative, please, press 3 now.

If you would like to leave a voice mail to be called back, please, press 1 now.

*Press 1*

*Oh hold music begins*

*feeling of betrayal sets in*

5 Minutes goes by, yep the provided options all lead to being on hold......Guess I'll try back later.. and of course they don't say what time they are taking calls until.