New Golf Clubs or Computer Upgrades?

charlezprice

QUESTIONS! So, I am an avid golfer, and I plan on going to college with a Golf Scholarship, as well as academic. I love both computers and Golf. I have never gotten myself brand new clubs, and these clubs I plan on getting should last me for the next 7-10 years. My computer upgrades should last me about 4 years or so. Both will cost me $400, but I really don't know! I have needed both for so long, but I am leaning towards the clubs because of how long they can last me. Help me! 

If you are an avid golfer I would go with the clubs as it benefits you more in the long run.

What is your current computer? That would help decide if you had a dorito as a cpu then you should upgrade, but if you have an i series cpu or amd athlon 2 and above you should be good for another year or two.

Desk: monitors 3x Asus VE248h(eyefinity), Keyboard Cm Strom Trigger(mx red), Mouse Corsair m65, Headset Audio Technica ATH-M50

Black Friday 2013 Build: i7 4770k, Gigabyte Z87X UD5H, 16gb Corsair, Msi R9 290, Corsair Axi 760, Corsair 750D, 2x intel 530 240gb ssd, 2x Seagate 400gb

Older Machine amd x640, msi 760g mobo, 8gb gskillz, Sapphire 6870, Corsair hx650, Cooler master haf 922, ocz agility 3 120gb ssd || HTPC: i7 3770k, shuttle xpc z77, 16gb gskillz, Asus GTX 650 ti, intel 120gb msata ssd

When faced with decisions like this I tend to consider what I have currently and how much time I dedicate to each on a regular basis. For example: I work at home some, and I'm an avid media enthusiast. I had to choose between fixing the sound system in my car (half of the speakers were out) or getting a new beautiful monitor (ASUS PB278Q). Then I thought, well I'm on a computer for 8+ hours a day and in my car for maybe 2. Decision made!

BTW - I can testify from first hand experience how much I love that monitor if anyone is looking to upgrade  :P

CPU: i5 4670k • Cooler: Corsair H100i • Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPOWER • RAM: Crucial Ballistix Elite 2x 8GB • Storage: Samsung 840 250GB SSD, 2x WD Red 3TB • GPU: EVGA GTX 780 3GB • PSU: Corsair RM750W • Case: Corsair 750D • Mouse: Razer Naga 2012 (I actually use the thing for productivity/media buttons) • Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3 w/ Browns - Green LED • Monitor: Asus PB278Q 27" 2560 x 1440, ASUS PB238Q 23" 1920x1080 • Lighting: 2m NZXT Sleeved Blue LED Strip • pcpartpicker.com/p/3cHfZ

What is your current computer? That would help decide if you had a dorito as a cpu then you should upgrade, but if you have an i series cpu or amd athlon 2 and above you should be good for another year or two.

Okay, well I have had an i5 650 since its release so you think that will be good til at least the end of this year? For say BF4 gaming?

Okay, well I have had an i5 650 since its release so you think that will be good til at least the end of this year? For say BF4 gaming?

What kind of graphics card do you have with that?

CPU: i5 4670k • Cooler: Corsair H100i • Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPOWER • RAM: Crucial Ballistix Elite 2x 8GB • Storage: Samsung 840 250GB SSD, 2x WD Red 3TB • GPU: EVGA GTX 780 3GB • PSU: Corsair RM750W • Case: Corsair 750D • Mouse: Razer Naga 2012 (I actually use the thing for productivity/media buttons) • Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3 w/ Browns - Green LED • Monitor: Asus PB278Q 27" 2560 x 1440, ASUS PB238Q 23" 1920x1080 • Lighting: 2m NZXT Sleeved Blue LED Strip • pcpartpicker.com/p/3cHfZ

What kind of graphics card do you have with that?

A Radeon 7850

A Radeon 7850

I think that would be good. I have a 6870 with an amd athlon 2 x640 in eyefinity and it runs things fine, and it runs everything I want at 1080 on one monitor. I do not have any battlefield games so I can not testify to its performance in the future.

Desk: monitors 3x Asus VE248h(eyefinity), Keyboard Cm Strom Trigger(mx red), Mouse Corsair m65, Headset Audio Technica ATH-M50

Black Friday 2013 Build: i7 4770k, Gigabyte Z87X UD5H, 16gb Corsair, Msi R9 290, Corsair Axi 760, Corsair 750D, 2x intel 530 240gb ssd, 2x Seagate 400gb

Older Machine amd x640, msi 760g mobo, 8gb gskillz, Sapphire 6870, Corsair hx650, Cooler master haf 922, ocz agility 3 120gb ssd || HTPC: i7 3770k, shuttle xpc z77, 16gb gskillz, Asus GTX 650 ti, intel 120gb msata ssd

I would personally go with the golf clubs now and then do the computer later. 

I'd go for the golf clubs. The computer would be nice, but it's not as important to maintain as your golfing status.

Definitely clubs!

Or keep the clubs you have now and look at some new drivers, if you don't have good ones already.  I have a set of RAM irons that were dirt cheap but work great, but the RAM woods that came with the set stink, I bought a new 1 and 3 and couldn't be happier with them.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers