Help buying an Asus laptop

Hello all, my name is Facundo, i'm 20 years old, from Argentina, and I've been in contact with PCs since I was a little kid, and now I'm needing a laptop, and I thought maybe some of you could help me, that's why I've made this account, and also I love Linus' reviews.

The idea of buying a laptop came since I'm studying Video Game design & programming, and I need something to work with. I'm looking for a gaming laptop since I thought I could also use it for gaming when I go to my buddies' home or when I go on trip. 

The best option seems to be the Asus ROG G550JK-DS71, that cames with 850M (i would love if it had the 860M GDDR5, but it hasn't) and i7 4710HQ. It also comes with 8GB of memory but I can order it with 16GB. I don't know how much does this costs, I waiting for the seller to answer me, but I think that maybe it will have a longer "lifetime" with 16GB of memory. 

Good thing is that Linus has made a review of a G550JK, and what I undestood was that it was a good machine. 

I've also seen the Asus ROG GL551JM-DH71 (also marketed as G551) that cames with the 860M GDDR5m but I've read reviews and people complains of the screen (cames with TN panel vs G550 IPS panel) and the audio quality was poor (considering the G550JK comes with SonicMaster's subwoofer, which is a giant "plus" since I love to listen to music) that's why I've discarded it.

The other option is the Asus ROG G750JS-TS71, it has the "perfect" GPU for the price (870M) but it cost AR$ 10.000 (around U$S 900) more than the G550JK, but the main reason why I've discarded is that is GIANT (40x30cm, because of 17.3 screen) so it won't be practical for using when going to the school. 

Other computers for the price are the Lenovo Y50 (don't know the exact model but it comes with i7 4700HQ, 860M 4GB?, 1TB 5400RPM (reaaalllyy sloww), 16GB DDR3 ) that I've already discarded, and the Acer V15 Nitro VN7-5916-74LK (i7 4710, 860M 2GB GDDR5, GTX860 GDDR5, 15,6" 1920x1080, 1TB 5400RPM) this Acer one is actually a tiny bit cheaper that the G550JK but I don't know, I feel more secure buying the Asus machine, not to mention the Acer comes with a 5400rpm disk, and that for today standards is sloooow... 

A laptop with a 9xx GPU is out of my price range. That's why I've to stick to a 8xx GPU. It's expensive to find here a good portable computer with a dedicated graphics card, here the "normal" laptop has a Intel Pentium B970, or if you are lucky an i3, and a GPU not better than an Intel HD3000... 

I would anyway still use my everyday desktop PC for the heavier gaming, and heavier work (I have an i5 4670k, with Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3 1600MHz, Sapphire HD7870 OC, and a WD Black 500GB 7200rpm HDD.)

So, what do you think?

Thanks, in advance to everyone who reads my message!

What will you do on them? If its gaming, you don't need the 16gb. Why ASUS?

Intel Core i7 4770k - 2x Geforce GTX 780 - MSI Z87 MPower Max - Corsair H60 - 8GB Avexir Core Series MPower Yellow + 4gb no-brand DDR3 - Corsair Obsidian 750d - AData XPG SX900 256gb SSD - Seagate Barracuda 3TB (7200 RPM) - Hitachi 250GB 2.5in HDD (3200 RPM) - WD HDD 160GB extracted from iMac via black magic (no specified RPM) - ASUS VG248QE 144HZ 3d Vision Monitor - Logitech G602 - Ducky Shine 3 TKL - AKG 172 HD Headphones - Xperia z2 - Sony Noise canceling earphones -  Nikon D5200 With Bundled Lenses - Windows 7 Home Premium - Blue Snowball iCE - Acer Aspire X with a broken case, AMD A6, and Raijintek Aidos CPU heatsink

What will you do on them? If its gaming, you don't need the 16gb. Why ASUS?

3D rendering, programming, video editing, photoshop, etc. and sometimes gaming when I don't have access to my main computer. Why Asus? Because I like the brand and it's the best for the price (according to what i've seen in our "eBay". All the machines I've listened are all for sale in stores, so I can go, pay and get them instantly. There are some listings saying "product under request, leave a $2000 and wait 10-15 days for it then you pay the rest" but I don't trust them. Here we don't have a lot of brands to choose. 

you could also get custom from eurocom http://www.eurocom.com/ec/main()ec

Remember that i'm from Argentina. I can't just buy it outside, the taxes would be astronomical  :wacko: and I don't know if it would reach me. Also I like to buy and get it in the moment. 

budget?

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

budget?

AR$ 30000 (thats a little less that u$s 2400)

Remember that I'm not willing to buy it outisde my country. 

If you're not willing to buy from outside your country, just get the ASUS and be done with it. Because you're not open to anything better or more price-conscious.

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

Just get the Asus and be done with it. Because you're not open to anything better or more price-conscious.

I'm open to anything better or more price-conscious, but it has to be from the options I have available here.

I just can't buy a machine outside. Here we have something called "cepo al dolar", we can't just go over the internet, say: I want this laptop (for example the Eurocom ones (I could buy one 100% better than the Asus for the price of it)) and expect to get it home withouth any problem.

First of all, I don't have the credit card limit to buy it, that's why I'm going to pay it by cash, and If i had it, as I said, it would be a total headache the entire process of bringing it here, not to mention the 50% more I'll have to pay it because of taxes of buying something over u$s 300.

Thats why I need to stick to the options that are available for buying now here with actual stock.

I just wanted to know which was the best option for what I want to do with the laptop.

what about buying it online..shipping it to a country right next to you and going to pick it up?

thats what us canadians often do

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

what about buying it online..shipping it to a country right next to you and going to pick it up?

thats what us canadians often do

Sorry, but nope.