Downloads?

wjm22400

SO I just relized that everything i download has been going to my ssd and not my hdd.... So how do I change that ?

Which browser are you using?

Intel Core i7 4770k - 2x Geforce GTX 780 - MSI Z87 MPower Max - Corsair H60 - 8GB Avexir Core Series MPower Yellow + 4gb no-brand DDR3 - Corsair Obsidian 750d - AData XPG SX900 256gb SSD - Seagate Barracuda 3TB (7200 RPM) - Hitachi 250GB 2.5in HDD (3200 RPM) - WD HDD 160GB extracted from iMac via black magic (no specified RPM) - ASUS VG248QE 144HZ 3d Vision Monitor - Logitech G602 - Ducky Shine 3 TKL - AKG 172 HD Headphones - Xperia z2 - Sony Noise canceling earphones -  Nikon D5200 With Bundled Lenses - Windows 7 Home Premium - Blue Snowball iCE - Acer Aspire X with a broken case, AMD A6, and Raijintek Aidos CPU heatsink

Which browser are you using?

In your browser settings. What browser?

I am using Chrome, but i also mean for steam and orgins for my games.

For starters do both drives show up when you open file explorer, my computer?

For starters do both drives show up when you open file explorer, my computer?

Im a litlle confused what do you mean

Go to any of the program options...

Pretty straight forward.

Steam Options

Origin Options

Chrome Options

Reset your download/install folder to what you need it to.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Like my computer has 3, labeled C, D, and F. They will have a similar icon. Do two show up for you?

post-165866-0-28241600-1426913739.jpg

Like my computer has 3, labeled C, D, and F. They will have a similar icon. Do two show up for you?

attachicon.gifhard drives.jpg

no i only have my ssd

Ok, you will need to hit start and type in disk management. The top result should be the correct one. It might prompt you for GPT or MBR. You'll want to pick GPT. Next in the center of disk management there should be a couple of drives labeled 0, 1, 2... etc. They should match the drives you have installed. The hard drive should be a black bar, can you confirm the hard drive shows up in disk management, and is a black bar?

Ok, you will need to hit start and type in disk management. The top result should be the correct one. It might prompt you for GPT or MBR. You'll want to pick GPT. Next in the center of disk management there should be a couple of drives labeled 0, 1, 2... etc. They should match the drives you have installed. The hard drive should be a black bar, can you confirm the hard drive shows up in disk management, and is a black bar?

Yes it is.

Ok good

Left click on the black portion of the bar to select it.
Right click to pull up the menu and select make new simple volume.

You'll have an onscreen wizard guide you through the next couple of steps. Most of the defaults are fine. The only two I recommend changing are drive label and drive letter. For the label it is just a name you can assign it. Anything is fine, the default is new volume. The drive letter / drive path on the other hand you want to make sure to assign a letter. I usually recommend H for hard drive. Though any free letter will work. You'll continue on through the wizard keeping the rest of the defaults. Once done can you confirm the drive now shows up in file explorer similar to my original example?

Ok good

Left click on the black portion of the bar to select it.

Right click to pull up the menu and select make new simple volume.

You'll have an onscreen wizard guide you through the next couple of steps. Most of the defaults are fine. The only two I recommend changing are drive label and drive letter. For the label it is just a name you can assign it. Anything is fine, the default is new volume. The drive letter / drive path on the other hand you want to make sure to assign a letter. I usually recommend H for hard drive. Though any free letter will work. You'll continue on through the wizard keeping the rest of the defaults. Once done can you confirm the drive now shows up in file explorer similar to my original example?

Yes it does

Alright, you're almost done. In file explorer go ahead and open the empty drive. Right click, new, folder and name if downloads. 
Then open up Chrome and change its download location to that folder using these steps.

https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95574?hl=en

For origin it should be in settings, advanced. Where it has to install games at C:\Program Files (x86)\origin games

You change the C at the beginning to H (or whatever letter you gave the drive from the last step). Example of mine using F.

post-165866-0-08589600-1426915178.jpg

For Steam make another folder like you did for downloads on the hard drive but give it a name like Steam.

For Steam they prompt you when you download the games where you would like to save it. Similar to Origin, you replace the C with the hard drive's letter. The initial option might be create new library on H (or letter you gave it) where you just pick H:\Steam that you made from the first line of this post earlier. From that point on there will be a drop down box to select the C drive or the H drive every time you click to install a game.

For other programs like Java, you usually have to pick the custom installation instead of express or typical. The steps will be similar. When they ask where to save and it says C:\etc change the first letter to H then hit next.

Alright, you're almost done. In file explorer go ahead and open the empty drive. Right click, new, folder and name if downloads. 

Then open up Chrome and change its download location to that folder using these steps.

https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95574?hl=en

For origin it should be in settings, advanced. Where it has to install games at C:\Program Files (x86)\origin games

You change the C at the beginning to H (or whatever letter you gave the drive from the last step). Example of mine using F.

attachicon.giforigin.jpg

it wont let me type in h

For Origin or Chrome?

it works on all of them thanks  :)

it works on all of them thanks  :)

No problem. Unfortunately the easiest way to transfer games to one drive to the other is to redownload them with the correct letter selected. There is a couple of workarounds but I can't easily explain them in text. If you have any further problems feel free to message me. Have a good day.