New Build

I'm building my new PC. I decided to forgo Haswell for the sake of me not caring and bought an Ivy Bridge processor and other items. The items are due to arrive in 3 days. I'll post pictures then and I plan on building that day, getting it running with Mountain Lion then possibly a Mavericks install. I've already purchased Mountain Lion on my 10.6.8 hackintosh. After, I'll install Windows 8 and dual boot the two. The 760 might give me some trouble when trying to get OSX up but we'll see. 

Ordered Items:

i7 3770k 

GA-Z77X-UD5H

EVGA GTX 760 SC

16 GB of Corsair Vengeance (4 x 4)

Corsair H60

Samsung 840 Series 2.5 inch 120GB x2

NZXT 210 Elite (Black)

Corsair CX Series 600w

Asus VS248H-P 24 inch Monitor

TL-WDN4800 Wireless Adapter

Looks good but I still don't get why your building on a dead socket.

If he is planning to run a hackintosh, there is no confirmation on a hack boot for Haswell yet. So Ivy is a better and safer bet.

\

I'm building my new PC. I decided to forgo Haswell for the sake of me not caring and bought an Ivy Bridge processor and other items. The items are due to arrive in 3 days. I'll post pictures then and I plan on building that day, getting it running with Mountain Lion then possibly a Mavericks install. I've already purchased Mountain Lion on my 10.6.8 hackintosh. After, I'll install Windows 8 and dual boot the two. The 760 might give me some trouble when trying to get OSX up but we'll see. 

Ordered Items:

i7 3770k 

GA-Z77X-UD5H

EVGA GTX 760 SC

16 GB of Corsair Vengeance (4 x 4)

Corsair H60

Samsung 840 Series 2.5 inch 120GB x2

NZXT 210 Elite (Black)

Corsair CX Series 600w

Asus VS248H-P 24 inch Monitor

TL-WDN4800 Wireless Adapter

I don't think you should have to many problems with a 760. Might need to fake a DSDT till there is an update for the 700 series. And there isn't a Hack boot for mavericks yet, is there?

\

I don't think you should have to many problems with a 760. Might need to fake a DSDT till there is an update for the 700 series. And there isn't a Hack boot for mavericks yet, is there?

myHack released one that's still in beta a week after the release of Mavericks to developers. I might just do it on another partition just to play around with it. I'd much rather be using a stable 10.8.4 than a beta 10.9. 

If he is planning to run a hackintosh, there is no confirmation on a hack boot for Haswell yet. So Ivy is a better and safer bet.

Exactly and I'm sure the i7 3770k will hold up just fine for the next year or two. 

myHack released one that's still in beta a week after the release of Mavericks to developers. I might just do it on another partition just to play around with it. I'd much rather be using a stable 10.8.4 than a beta 10.9. 

Exactly and I'm sure the i7 3770k will hold up just fine for the next year or two. 

I have to agree about the CPU. Will last at least 3 years :)

I would rather stick to a stable version but yet, fiddle around with it on another partition.

\

• 1 month later...

Pictures of the PC (iPhone 4 cameras aren't the greatest): 

http://imgur.com/a/2pCw0

Awful cable management but it runs well and does the job. I've been using it for a few weeks now and I love it. I should probably buy a new case and a different power supply. Mac OS X 10.8.4 is running well too. If you have any questions or comments, let me know.