Looking for advice on a new GPU and case

Onyx

hey guys,

I will be soon moving to a new place and the house is near a lot of industrial sites and so the house builds up dust as if it were its job and my current set up builds up dust bad enough already so I want to upgrade my case and GPU.

here is my current build:

CPU: AMD phenom II X6 1055T

CPU cooler: corsair H70

GPU: AMD Radeon HD6850 1GB OC

Motherboard: AsRock 990FX-Extreme3 AMD 990FX

Case: NZXT Lexa S Mid Tower Case

RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws X F3-10666CL9D-8GBXL (2x4GB) DDR3

PSU: Aereon Asroc ASC-520C 520W

boot drive: Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB SSD

Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB

I want to get a new case that has plenty of dust filters and/or features that lower dust intake, I've had my eye on a few mid and full tower cases like the corsair 650D but it only seems to have a front fan filter and the coolermaster HAF series look alright but I want a window side panel but I don't like window panels with a fan slot in the like my lexa S. I wish to get a new graphics card for well obviously better gaming performance but mainly because the cover that goes over heatsink doesn't go over the sides so dust easily gets in, I have been going back and worth between a either a stock cooler and then getting a waterblock and water cooling down the path or get one of MSI twin frozr cards that have the quick reverse fan spin on during boot up to pull dust away. Let me know what you guys think I only have a budget of $600-700 AU ($625-730 US, 400-465 GBP) for the case and gpu combined.

Any advice would be awesome even If you have a completely different idea to what I have, plenty of brains are better than one.

Cheers David

Is the system holding for you now? NVidia and AMD's GPU's are soon to be released which means new cards but also possible savings on existing ones.

Yeah my 6850 is holding out so I might wait for the 700 or 8000 series but my the sound it they are going to be very expensive but I definitely want a case soon the dust is ridiculous.

Corsair C70 or 600T, Bitfenix Shinobi, most of the HAF cases (you can get 3rd party filter kits), NZXT 410 and the Fractal R4 - all pretty good cases :)

maybe a corsair 500r?
I have a carbide 500r and was disappointed by the fact that there is only one fan filter which is for the power supply and a bottom intake fan. The front intakes are not filtered, the side, nor the top. I looking into aftermarket solutions because it requires about daily cleaning of my GTX 660 and all the intakes.

Fractal Define R4, Bitfenix Ghost, or pretty much any case optimized for noise cancellation will also be good for keeping out dust since most of the fan intakes are not used and exhausts don't affect dust. For a GPU, its hard to go wrong with a 7870, 660 ti, or a 7950. You could also wait for the next generation of cards that should come out before the second half of 2013.