So I let my mom pick out what she wanted...

PANICPR0NE
Go to solution Solved by Infernal Burrito,

The build is very good. The Prodigy is a bit big for a mitx (that is up to preference) but the rest is great considering you already have the 960.

is the 960 already in your possession? 

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Yes, he mentioned that in a previous post.

Intel Core i7 4770k - 2x Geforce GTX 780 - MSI Z87 MPower Max - Corsair H60 - 8GB Avexir Core Series MPower Yellow + 4gb no-brand DDR3 - Corsair Obsidian 750d - AData XPG SX900 256gb SSD - Seagate Barracuda 3TB (7200 RPM) - Hitachi 250GB 2.5in HDD (3200 RPM) - WD HDD 160GB extracted from iMac via black magic (no specified RPM) - ASUS VG248QE 144HZ 3d Vision Monitor - Logitech G602 - Ducky Shine 3 TKL - AKG 172 HD Headphones - Xperia z2 - Sony Noise canceling earphones -  Nikon D5200 With Bundled Lenses - Windows 7 Home Premium - Blue Snowball iCE - Acer Aspire X with a broken case, AMD A6, and Raijintek Aidos CPU heatsink

I don't see anything wrong with it, depending on what is she planning on using the rig for...

END OF LINE

-- Project Deep Freeze Build Log --

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.

The build is very good. The Prodigy is a bit big for a mitx (that is up to preference) but the rest is great considering you already have the 960.

Intel Core i7 4770k - 2x Geforce GTX 780 - MSI Z87 MPower Max - Corsair H60 - 8GB Avexir Core Series MPower Yellow + 4gb no-brand DDR3 - Corsair Obsidian 750d - AData XPG SX900 256gb SSD - Seagate Barracuda 3TB (7200 RPM) - Hitachi 250GB 2.5in HDD (3200 RPM) - WD HDD 160GB extracted from iMac via black magic (no specified RPM) - ASUS VG248QE 144HZ 3d Vision Monitor - Logitech G602 - Ducky Shine 3 TKL - AKG 172 HD Headphones - Xperia z2 - Sony Noise canceling earphones -  Nikon D5200 With Bundled Lenses - Windows 7 Home Premium - Blue Snowball iCE - Acer Aspire X with a broken case, AMD A6, and Raijintek Aidos CPU heatsink

Yes, going to be a hand me down because I'm going to be upgrading to a 290...

I don't see anything wrong with it, depending on what is she planning on using the rig for...

Internet browsing, Sims, and maybe some walking dead (from Telltale)

Internet browsing, Sims, and maybe some walking dead (from Telltale)

Yeah, that should be just fine.

END OF LINE

-- Project Deep Freeze Build Log --

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.

Ok so I'm aware that PCPartPicker is yelling at me that the card may be too big but since it's going to have 1 SSD in it, not really worried about it "obstructing some of the bays"

Yes, going to be a hand me down because I'm going to be upgrading to a 290...

only other thing I would say is stay away from the GB board just stay away from gigabyte boards please

EDIT: and dont forget that flashing a bios isnt as easy as you would think

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

only other thing I would say is stay away from the GB board just stay away from gigabyte boards please

Only board with Orange on it for under $100...unless PCPartPicker is a bunch of liars...

EDIT: and dont forget that flashing a bios isnt as easy as you would think

I got the bios warning for a z87 board and I didn't have to do anything so *shrugs*

idk why ur trying to build a gaming system for ur mum but ok

Instead of the 240GB SSDNow drive I would get a nice 1TB mechanical and maybe a 60GB SSD from a respectable brand. I've heard that those Kingston drives use low quality NAND flash and therefore might not last for long. I know you're aiming for an orange theme but if I was you I would replace the RM450 with an EVGA B2 or G2 series PSU as those are Super Flower units and are known for their impeccable quality and value for money. RM series PSUs are incredibly overpriced and actually low quality units, as some members will tell you on these forums.

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

idk why ur trying to build a gaming system for ur mum but ok

Instead of the 240GB SSDNow drive I would get a nice 1TB mechanical and maybe a 60GB SSD from a respectable brand. I've heard that those Kingston drives use low quality NAND flash and therefore might not last for long. I know you're aiming for an orange theme but if I was you I would replace the RM450 with an EVGA B2 or G2 series PSU as those are Super Flower units and are known for their impeccable quality and value for money. RM series PSUs are incredibly overpriced and actually low quality units, as some members will tell you on these forums.

1.) I let her pick stuff and she plays a few video games if she watches me play them and decides that she wants to play them...

2.) I will probably end up using her computer to play video games so that's another reason that it is slightly aimed towards video games....

3.) She isn't going to use more then probably 100gb on a hdd because sims is going use up maybe 10gb and walking dead really didn't use up much space either...and she's been using and 80gb HDD for the last 2 years just fine...so the SSD will be just fine...if she needs a mechanical bad enough or wants it, she can have one of mine down the road.

4.) I like my Corsair PSU so I went with one for her build, and also based on the 2 merchants I wanna shop with Corsair was the cheapest...

I guess what I really should have been asking here was is the ITX baord ok or should she go for a solid black mobo, and go with a mATX...

If she doesn't go with the orange case then her other choice, well I'm over here wondering how the hell to put anything into it...

I guess what I really should have been asking here was is the ITX baord ok or should she go for a solid black mobo, and go with a mATX...

It's fine. According to the Gigabyte web page it doesn't even need a BIOS update.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.