Is firefox broken?

Noilliz

Hey guys, for the last couple of weeks firefox seem to be crashing a lot.

i have 3 systems running, and the program seems to crash on all 3 of them. all pc's are on a different windows version one on win 7, the other on win 8.1 and the last one running on the win 10 preview. Anyone els having issue's with firefox lately?

CPU: I5-4690K  GPU: MSI GTX 970 4G  Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 Case: Corsair graphite series 230t SSD: Crucial m500 128GB HDD: 1TB WD GREEN RAM: 8GB Kingston Fury PSU: Corsiar CX600M

Hey guys, for the last couple of weeks firefox seem to be crashing a lot.

i have 3 systems running, and the program seems to crash on all 3 of them. all pc's are on a different windows version one on win 7, the other on win 8.1 and the last one running on the win 10 preview. Anyone els having issue's with firefox lately?

Nope, is it an addon?! 

What ad-dons have you got?

CPU: i5 4670k @ 3.4GHz + Corsair H100i      GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 SOC (+215 Core|+162 Mem)     SSD: Kingston V300 240GB (OS)      Headset: Logitech G930 

Case: Cosair Vengance C70 (white)                RAM: 16GB TeamGroup Elite Black DDR3 1600MHz       HDD: 1TB WD Blue                              Mouse: Logitech G602

OS: Windows 7 Home Premium                       PSUXFX Core Edition 750w                                                Motherboard: MSI Z97-G45               Keyboard: Logitech G510

This is also happening to me. It mostly crashes after I close firefox...which is a little odd and flashes up with the error report screen.

Have you tried just running it safe mode? does it still crash? If it dowsn't then it might be a theme or plugin causing the crashes.
Try turning off hardware acceleration? Over the years that has helped me in previous versions of Firefox.

CORSAIR RIPPER: AMD 3970X - 3080TI & 2080TI - 64GB Ram - 2.5TB NVME SSD's - 35" G-Sync 120hz 1440P
MFB (Mining/Folding/Boinc): AMD 1600 - 3080 & 1080Ti - 16GB Ram - 240GB SSD
Dell OPTIPLEX:  Intel i5 6500 - 8GB Ram - 256GB SSD

PC & CONSOLE GAMER

Nope, is it an addon?! 

What ad-dons have you got?

Only ad-block as far as i am aware, ill check once i get home

This is also happening to me. It mostly crashes after I close firefox...which is a little odd and flashes up with the error report screen.

Have you tried just running it safe mode? does it still crash? If it dowsn't then it might be a theme or plugin causing the crashes.

Try turning off hardware acceleration? Over the years that has helped me.

mine mostly crashes while scrolling down a page, actually never when closing it or switching pages

CPU: I5-4690K  GPU: MSI GTX 970 4G  Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 Case: Corsair graphite series 230t SSD: Crucial m500 128GB HDD: 1TB WD GREEN RAM: 8GB Kingston Fury PSU: Corsiar CX600M

Hi,

Does this still happen if you start Firefox in Safe Mode?

You can use one of these to start Firefox in Safe Mode:

• On Windows, hold down the Shift key while starting Firefox with a double-click on the Firefox desktop shortcut
  • On Mac, hold down the Options key while starting Firefox
  • Help > Restart with Add-ons Disabled

I've had this issue where closing tab leaves empty space where it was for a short time or until I select another tab. I have other problems with opening links too but I think those are because I've messed with the advanced settings for them.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv