Problem with BenQ 24" XL2411Z Full HD 3D 144Hz

Jumals

So this is a pretty new monitor like couple of weeks old and the buttons on the monitor doesn't work at all, like I can't turn it off or on.

Luckyly the monitor still works when I turn on my PC. (Btw I use the DVI port).

Also I can tweak all the setting from the benQ software but still, I'd like that the buttons would work as well.

send it back it should still be under warranty. I sent my hd141x back and they sent me a new one. If you bought it off of Amazon it should be easy.

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary numbers and those who don’t

bulgara, oh nono

Multipass

It's so weird, those buttons were working perfectly fine yesterday.

SystemaStore (the retailer where I bought this) says that I need to be in contact directly with benQ warranty service.
Well I've made a ticket there, I hope they'll fix it for me.

SystemaStore (the retailer where I bought this) says that I need to be in contact directly with benQ warranty service.

Well I've made a ticket there, I hope they'll fix it for me.

how long ago did you purchase the projector from them and do you still have the receipt?

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary numbers and those who don’t

bulgara, oh nono

Multipass

Yeah I have proofs of the purchase, I bought it on 26.2.2015

Yeah I have proofs of the purchase, I bought it on 26.2.2015

Perfect take/send it back to the store and tell them you bought faulty goods from them and that it's still under its 6 month return deadline. I had a quick look online so don't quote me on that but it looks like if you receive faulty goods they are required to replace or repair the item regardless of wether or not it has a warranty as long as you let them know within 6 months of purchase.

bulgara, oh nono

Multipass

Perfect take/send it back to the store and tell them you bought faulty goods from them and that it's still under its 6 month return deadline. I had a quick look online so don't quote me on that but it looks like if you receive faulty goods they are required to replace or repair the item regardless of wether or not it has a warranty as long as you let them know within 6 months of purchase.

Unfortunately, here (in Finland) it doesn't work like that which is a huge shame. (Far as I know) There is no mentions about that on their site, nor anywhere else either.

Other retailers usually delivers the faulty goods in behalf of the customer, but not this place.

They've clearly stated that the customer needs to be in contact with the product maker directly.

A bit weird imo but that's what their warranty page is telling me.

Unfortunately, here (in Finland) it doesn't work like that which is a huge shame. (Far as I know) There is no mentions about that on their site, nor anywhere else either.

Other retailers usually delivers the faulty goods in behalf of the customer, but not this place.

They've clearly stated that the customer needs to be in contact with the product maker directly.

A bit weird imo but that's what their warranty page is telling me.

That sucks, well at least you can talk to the manufacturer they'll probably ask you to send it back to be repaired and I doubt they'll pay shipping.

bulgara, oh nono

Multipass

That sucks, well at least you can talk to the manufacturer they'll probably ask you to send it back to be repaired and I doubt they'll pay shipping.

After talking with benQ warranty section, they said that they'll take the monitor in and send me a new one, they'll inspect the monitor incase there is any physical damage (if there is they might charge me for it)

But there isn't any damage on the monitor, only those buttons which doesn't work.

Also they said that the delivery service FedEx will pick up the monitor from me and take it to the manufacturer.

So that's good, I'll just take proofs of the monitor that there is no physical damage before shipping.

So thanks for trying to help me out with this one but I think everything will be fine.  :)

• 3 weeks later...

Weird thing just happened, I wasn't able to RMA this monitor yet (didn't have the time to do it) but yesterday the monitor buttons started to work again.

Weird thing just happened, I wasn't able to RMA this monitor yet (didn't have the time to do it) but yesterday the monitor buttons started to work again.

I know the feeling I had a hp vp6120 around 6 years ago bought it from oxford university as they were updating to short throw, set it up for the first time everything was working fine then couple of weeks later the bulb went. So I emailed the seller on ebay told him what had happened turns out they had several brand new replacement bulbs so he sent one out to me and before it arrived thought id give it another try and suddenly it's working again. But got a free bulb so I wasn't complaining never did need to use the spare.  

bulgara, oh nono

Multipass