First time builder, needs advice for new PC

1. Budget & Location: £1,500/United Kingdom
  2. Aim: Web surfing, Playing latest games e.g (GTA 5, Sims 4, etc.) also not planning to overclock as I don't have any clues about it.
  3. Monitors: Going to start with 1 Monitor but I might end up with 3.
  4. Peripherals: Keyboard and mouse not included in the budget (Only the Monitors)
  5. Why am I upgrading: Because it's a 32 Bit and demanding games are on 64 bit "sigh"

Anyway Hi guys, I'm new here and it's my first time building, I started saving up for my new pc. I also took a screen print of the build, I would like all of you to recommend me better things or things that don't go together, example is that GPU going to be bottle necked by the CPU or will the stock fan be sufficient, is the RAM compatible etc. Thanks  :D

post-198317-0-45088200-1426708721_thumb.

I've got the exact same AOC Monitor. It's great, but not the best for gaming...

I would recomend something like that: http://www.amazon.co.uk/BenQ-RL2455HM--inch-Gaming-Monitor/dp/B00CFFFGUM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1426709448&sr=8-1&keywords=BenQ+RL2455HM

For Storage I would choose a 1TB or 2TB WD Black, cause it's simply faster...

And you should defenetly buy an extra CPU-Cooler cause the stock one is loud and not very useful.

I've got this one on my i5: http://www.amazon.co.uk/ARCTIC-Freezer-Multicompatible-pre-applied-Performance/dp/B0048F64DU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1426709478&sr=8-1&keywords=arctic+freezer+13

Very easy to install and very good price to performance.

Sorry for my bad english...

The 4690 and the 4790 have the same gaming performance. 

CPU: 6600K @ 4.6Ghz | COOLER: H100i GTX | MOBO: Asus Z170 AR | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti Hybrid | RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB | 

CASE: Corsair 760T | PSU: Corsair RM750x | STORAGE: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB & Seagate 2TB | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB | MOUSE: Deathadder Elite

Here's what I would change:

Go with a 4690(k) instead of a 4790, since you don't seem to need the hyperthreading

Get an aftermarket cooler for that cpu since they run cheap but the value they add to a build is immense. Will give you better performance out of your cpu all while running cooler and quieter. Something like a CM Hyper 212 evo would be great.
Go with 8 gbs of ram instead of 16, since normal gaming and web browsing will be just fine on 8 gbs with room to spare. Now, if you're a tab/program hog like me, you may benefit from the extra 8 gigs, but for most people 8 will be just fine.
I would get a larger ssd of at least 256 gbs, something like a Crucial MX 100 or a Samsung 840/850 evo. Not exactly necessary, but still recommended.
If you really have absolutely no intention on overclocking, a Z97 mobo is just a waste of money. I believe something like H97 or  will suffice, but don't quote me on that. I personally know very little about the capabilities of mobo chipsets.
If you really have the money, going with a 980 over the 970 is ok, but not exactly recommended as far as price to performance is concerned. For 1080p gaming one 970 will be just fine, and if you really need the extra horsepower in the future you can always add another one.

Sorry for the wall of text :D

Laptop - Lenovo Y50   Keyboard - Corsair K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown   Mouse - Logitech G502 Proteus Core   Mousepad - Razer Firefly

Please read the LTT Code of Conduct before submitting a post

If you aren't going to be overclocking and will be primarily gaming, then an h97 mobo and I5 will better suit you. I feel that there are better ips monitors than the one you have for less money and have faster response times. For stock cpus, the stock cooler should be fine.

The rest of the build looks good to me. Have fun putting it all together.

Guys, thanks for the help but, which H97 motherboard to choose from because there are many of these variants and about the cpu's in relating to that, i5-i7 is nothing big difference ? Because I want this PC to last me maybe 7-10 yrs before I have to rebuild one thanks. And one last question which one do you prefer to do most, buy them all at once or one at a time ? and why you chose to do it that way ?

@Amazo Well this is what i would suggest it costs 1478.66 pounds http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/fns6jX

Thanks m8 but this build is over my budget, its 1800 Pounds  ;)

I would suggest just getting this

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  (£174.00 @ Amazon UK) 
Motherboard: Asus Z97-P ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  (£69.98 @ Scan.co.uk) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  (£52.98 @ Amazon UK) 
Storage: Crucial MX100 128GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (£51.56 @ Amazon UK) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 980 4GB WINDFORCE 3X Video Card  (£449.98 @ Scan.co.uk) 
Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case  (£46.39 @ Aria PC) 
Total: £992.80
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-03-19 18:31 GMT+0000

Some parts are the same like the PSU, mobo, and GPU because they aren't bad.
You most likely won't need an i7
You probably won't need 16GB RAM
SSDs are amazing
Simplistic case
Z97 and K CPU because they're only a few dollars more and it gives you the option to OC if you ever want to
CPU cooler again because you might want to overlock and it's a lot quieter and works better than stock; also, why not

G3258 @ 4.5 | 8GB Team Vulcan RAM | 128GB Kingston V300 SSD (I didn't know what I was doing when I bought it) | MSI H81I Motherboard | Corsair H55 with Noctua NF-P12 | EVGA SSC GTX 960 4GB | OCZ 550W Fully Modular PSU with Noctua NF-A14 | Cooler Master Elite 130 (Soon to be something cool)

Thanks m8 but this build is over my budget, its 1800 Pounds  ;)

um its not over 1800 pounds you must not have seen the . that made the 66 at the end pence  but its 1478 pounds and 66 pence so its in your budget and theres still room for new peripherals :D at least it was when i was looking at it yesterday

EDIT: Just looked at it prices changed on things.