First time build Cad/Gaming 3k rig

Go to solution Solved by HeathCliff,

Ok thanks I didn't realize that was a option lol. 

The looks of the mother board are cool but I was buying it cause I thought it performed better? If not that one which one would you recommend? I really liked the way the Phantom cases looked plus I watched some reviews saying they are simple to work with for new builders. Any particular case you would recommend I looked at? I simply was buying Corsair for the name I was worried about buying any off brand that would in turn ruin my PC but I will check out the EVGA and Seasonic now thanks. 850w is a good size though right? According to part picker it pulls 613W so I figured that was plenty with not to much overkill.

The Asus V Extreme is more of an e-peen/overclockers board. Yes it can do all the stuff you need, but you'll end up paying a lot more than you need to. The cases, as I started are subjective. If you like the look of it, then go for it. Corsair gets OEMs from Seasonic and another company (can't remember which) and basically adds thier name to it. 700W would be plenty, but sometimes, those units don't come with the necessary amount of cables. Also, never hurts to have a bit of headroom.

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K 3.3GHz 6-Core Processor  ($389.99 @ Newegg) 
CPU Cooler: Corsair H110 94.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($109.99 @ Newegg) 
Motherboard: MSI X99S SLI Plus ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard  ($181.98 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 970 4GB STRIX Video Card (2-Way SLI)  ($329.00 @ NCIX US) 
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 970 4GB STRIX Video Card (2-Way SLI)  ($329.00 @ NCIX US) 
Case: NZXT Phantom 820 (Black) ATX Full Tower Case  ($196.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Power Supply: EVGA 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($128.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Optical Drive: LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer  ($52.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit)  ($97.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Monitor: BenQ XL2730Z 144Hz 27.0" Monitor  ($637.58 @ Newegg) 
Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Chroma Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($164.95 @ B&H) 
Total: $3011.41
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-03-16 17:37 EDT-0400

Here's my version of the list. You have $500 to mess around with.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

As the title implies this is my first time building a computer. I have tried my very best to learn about the thousands of parts that are offered, but in the end I'm completely new to this. I own a small business that is growing rapidly and is demanding cad designing beyond the current 2D I'm doing. I'm also a long time console gamer but as you know xbox has gone to craps. So I'm willing to spend money as needed for business purposes but I don't wanna throw money away either. I'm going to be doing 3D Cad designs with future plans of some video editing. Plus online gaming looking at playing games like Counter Strike and League with future plans of playing console platform games on the CPU: Battlefield, Evolve, etc.

Currently the build I'm looking to buy is: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Slayermaster05/saved/WhpRsY

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Motherboard: Asus RAMPAGE V EXTREME EATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard  ($463.98 @ Newegg) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit)  ($89.98 @ OutletPC) 
Total: $3559.19
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-03-16 17:30 EDT-0400

I do hope I attached that properly. Any advice is greatly appreciated.  

It didn't come out looking like it was suppose to but I hope you can understand it. If not you can click the link at the top :)

It didn't come out looking like it was suppose to but I hope you can understand it. If not you can click the link at the top :)

Would have been prefferable to post the bb version of the PCPartpicker.

OT: Mother board is overkill. I can understand if you only want to get it for the looks, but there are much better alternatives. The case is subjective, but there are better cases for the same price with a lot more features. And finally the PSU. Corsair charges you a premium for the name. Any EVGA or Seasonic unit would be fine.

EDIT: I'd also like to pint out that 16GB of RAM would be more than enough for your scenario. I've noticed that you have 2 HDDs? Is there a reason to this?

Spoiler
Spoiler

Project Depravity: £850 / ????? (03/12/2015) Case: Phanteks Enthoo Primo SE Red Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB MX Red Monitors: 3* Asus PG279Q Stand: Ergotech Triple Desk Stand Webcam: Logitch C920

Spoiler

RIP in kill: CPU: Single core Celeron M @1.73GHz RAM: 1GB (512MB x2) DDR2 SO-DIMM Motherboard: Asus MOCA-AR HDD: 160GB SATA2 5400rpm

Spoiler

Current System: CPU: Intel i5-4690K Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB 1866MHz GPU: Gigabyte Windforce 960 4GB SSD: Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB PSU: Corsair CX500M Case: Corsair 200R Windowed MonitorLG 22MP55HQ 22" IPS + HP w19 MouseRoccat Savu Keyboard: Corsair Raptor K30 Mouse Pad: Perixx DX-1000XXL Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 

The looks of the mother board are cool but I was buying it cause I thought it performed better? If not that one which one would you recommend? I really liked the way the Phantom cases looked plus I watched some reviews saying they are simple to work with for new builders. Any particular case you would recommend I looked at? I simply was buying Corsair for the name I was worried about buying any off brand that would in turn ruin my PC but I will check out the EVGA and Seasonic now thanks. 850w is a good size though right? According to part picker it pulls 613W so I figured that was plenty with not to much overkill.

Motherboards contribute almost nothing to performance, unless you're doing serious overclocking. Pick something in the 100-200 dollar price range.

The case is up to you, but I'd go with an NZXT H440.

The PSU is fine. 850W is good headroom for possible upgrades down the line. And yea, EVGA and Seasonic make great PSUs as well. Also check out Thermaltake and Antec.

The Asus V Extreme is more of an e-peen/overclockers board. Yes it can do all the stuff you need, but you'll end up paying a lot more than you need to. The cases, as I started are subjective. If you like the look of it, then go for it. Corsair gets OEMs from Seasonic and another company (can't remember which) and basically adds thier name to it. 700W would be plenty, but sometimes, those units don't come with the necessary amount of cables. Also, never hurts to have a bit of headroom.

Motherboard: MSI X99S SLI Plus ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard  ($181.98 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: EVGA 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($128.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit)  ($97.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Total: $3011.41
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-03-16 17:37 EDT-0400

Here's my version of the list. You have $500 to mess around with.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.
Spoiler
Spoiler

Project Depravity: £850 / ????? (03/12/2015) Case: Phanteks Enthoo Primo SE Red Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB MX Red Monitors: 3* Asus PG279Q Stand: Ergotech Triple Desk Stand Webcam: Logitch C920

Spoiler

RIP in kill: CPU: Single core Celeron M @1.73GHz RAM: 1GB (512MB x2) DDR2 SO-DIMM Motherboard: Asus MOCA-AR HDD: 160GB SATA2 5400rpm

Spoiler

Current System: CPU: Intel i5-4690K Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB 1866MHz GPU: Gigabyte Windforce 960 4GB SSD: Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB PSU: Corsair CX500M Case: Corsair 200R Windowed MonitorLG 22MP55HQ 22" IPS + HP w19 MouseRoccat Savu Keyboard: Corsair Raptor K30 Mouse Pad: Perixx DX-1000XXL Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 

The build looks great will take your advice on the motherboard. I had 32GB of ram in my initial build. Is that not necessary? Also I had two Hard Drives to keep Cad and Gaming separate. I didn't know if separating them would help with stability, speed, and safety? Lastly the Corsair power supply I had listed was only $100 compared to the $130 EVGA that you posted. Is that cause the Corsair was Semi mod & the EVGA was Fully Mod (idk what that means).

The build looks great will take your advice on the motherboard. I had 32GB of ram in my initial build. Is that not necessary? Also I had two Hard Drives to keep Cad and Gaming separate. I didn't know if separating them would help with stability, speed, and safety? Lastly the Corsair power supply I had listed was only $100 compared to the $130 EVGA that you posted. Is that cause the Corsair was Semi mod & the EVGA was Fully Mod (idk what that means).

16GB or RAM would be more than adequate for your tasks. HDD aren't as fragile as you think. Don't worry, as long as you don't drop it, it'll be fine. As for the PSU, both are fine, but the one I posted is fully modular (all the cables are removable). It's somewhat of a habit of recommending a fully-modular PSU who are looking at high end systems.

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

I'm about to place the order and wondering if I should purchase extended warranties on any parts???