Help me build a computer

Noiz3y_

So I'm new to the PC gaming world (loving it). I just jumped outta console gaming and I was wondering if you guys here can help me build a computer that can handle either the:

- EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB Superclocked ACX 2.0 Video Card

- EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB FTW ACX 2.0 Video Card

They are roughly $350 AUD.
I have a budget of $2000 AUD so please help me build something that can run Black ops 2 at a decent framerate.

Thanks.!

So I'm new to the PC gaming world (loving it). I just jumped outta console gaming and I was wondering if you guys here can help me build a computer that can handle either the:

I have a budget of $2000 AUD so please help me build something that can run Black ops 2 at a decent framerate.

Thanks.!

970 can run black ops 2 at 60fps for sure

Please, follow your own posts and mention me in comments, otherwise i won't be able to help you.

Daily OS: OpenBSD -current

This is what you can build with that money. It doesnt include operating system, but it includes a decent monitor for gaming and a very good motherboard, with a fairly good CPU cooler so you can overclock if you want.

http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/v2ZVRB

Thanks.!

im from au too id say 1ssd (120gb), 1hdd 2tb , a noctua nh-d15 not as pretty as water but its one of the best air coolers beating the h110 ,8-16gb of ram depending if youre doing other than gaming like vid recording/editing. btw were are you getting the gpus from ? because thos gpus cost 500$ for me

That build is over the OPs budget. You planned that system using US pcpartpicker not AUS like the OP needs.

$1924.87 USD = $2522.00 AUD

Main Rig - Case: Corsair 200R   Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z270-GAMING-K3  CPU: Intel i5 7600 RAM: Corsair H55 RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 3000MHz SSD: Crucial MX500 1 TB 

HDD: 2TB WD Green  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1660 Ti 6GB Windforce  PSU: Corsair CX 600W  

HTPC - Case: CiT MTX-007B   Motherboard: Biostar H61MGV3, CPU: Intel i5 2400  RAM: Patriot 4GB 1333MHz SSD: 240GB Toshiba SSD PSU: 180W CIT (Came with case)

Corsair 200R Front Bezel Mod

I was hoping if you guys could give me a list on this topic page, and many tell me why you chose that part? I don't understand much about PC so this may lighten the lot on me.

You can change the GPU to the EVGA SSC, if you want. But given the Red theme, I found the MSI better, as they are very close, in regards to performance.

Btw, has windows. You can SLI later, if you want.

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($469.00 @ CPL Online) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97MX-Gaming 5 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($195.00 @ CPL Online) 
Memory: GeIL EVO Veloce Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($79.00 @ PLE Computers) 
Storage: A-Data Premier Pro SP600 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($139.00 @ CPL Online) 
Storage: Seagate  2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Hybrid Internal Hard Drive  ($99.00 @ Storm Computers) 
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB Twin Frozr V Video Card  ($519.00 @ CPL Online) 
Case: NZXT S340 (Black/Red) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($98.00 @ PLE Computers) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit)  ($125.00 @ Mwave Australia) 
Total: $1971.00
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-03-16 21:38 EST+1100

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

Does that come with WiFi on it? I heard that you need some WiFi thing on it to connect to the Internet. (I don't use that Cable thingo)
I've remaded that build you suggested.
I only changed:
- From that water cooling to the fan that Heatghost suggested me.

- The memory chip thing to the HyperX Fury chips (supporting ESports)
- I changed the HDD and the SSD to a Kingston and a Samsung.

- I don't know about the power supply. I was watching one of linus's videos about the modular thingos and about the wattage. So do you mind suggesting me a power supply from PCCaseGear? (That is where I'm buying all the parts from)

2K AUD Build

CPU:
Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor | AUD$475.00 @ PCCaseGear 
CPU Cooler:
Noctua NH-D15 82.5 CFM CPU Cooler | AUD$109.00 @ PCCaseGear
Motherboard:
Gigabyte GA-Z97MX-Gaming 5 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard | AUD$209.00 @ PCCaseGear 
Memory:
Kingston Fury Red Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory | AUD$99.00 @ PCCaseGear 
Storage:
Samsung 850 Pro Series 128GB 2.5" Solid State Drive | AUD$149.00 @ PCCaseGear 
Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive | AUD$139.00 @ PCCaseGear 
Video Card:
MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB Twin Frozr V Video Card | AUD$519.00 @ PCCaseGear 
Case:
NZXT H440 (Black/Red) ATX Mid Tower Case | AUD$159.00 @ PCCaseGear 
Power Supply:
Silverstone Strider Gold S 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply | AUD$155.00 @ PCCaseGear 
 | **Total** | **$2013.00**

Does that come with WiFi on it? I heard that you need some WiFi thing on it to connect to the Internet. (I don't use that Cable thingo)

I've remaded that build you suggested.

I only changed:

- From that water cooling to the fan that Heatghost suggested me.

- The memory chip thing to the HyperX Fury chips (supporting ESports)

- I changed the HDD and the SSD to a Kingston and a Samsung.

- I don't know about the power supply. I was watching one of linus's videos about the modular thingos and about the wattage. So do you mind suggesting me a power supply from PCCaseGear? (That is where I'm buying all the parts from)

I wonder why you'll only buy from one place...

Anyway, yes, you'll need a network adapter. Either a card to fit a PCI slot, or an external USB. I use the later.

As for the PSU... what's the problem?

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/G4ymK8

So I've updatedthe partlist and there is the perma link to the built I want to go with. I've taken all your advice you've all kindly given but I'm stuck on what board to by. Comparsion link is down below. If you can suggest me a better board then that would be sick! WiFi install with it aswell!

https://au.pcpartpicker.com/parts/compare/asrock-motherboard-fatal1tyz97killer%2Casus-motherboard-z97prowifiac/

With the PSU, Imakuni, While watching one of Linus videos. he was talking about PSU and to finding a PSU that is within the 50 - 70% thingo. I got worried that the one I had was a crappy one so I changed that to one that most people trusted.