HD 500's for $300

Hyydrah

They arrived, so far they sound great but need to be fully burned in before I post my final thoughts (apparently that will take around 200 hours). So far the build quality is great, the shipping was very fast and arrived in 3 days for $10

• 1 month later...

They arrived, so far they sound great but need to be fully burned in before I post my final thoughts (apparently that will take around 200 hours). So far the build quality is great, the shipping was very fast and arrived in 3 days for $10 CAD (hard to believe, eh?).

It's been some time now, and they seem to be fully burned in. They've really impressed me, I haven't heard a better sounding setup in my life as of yet. For some time I was using just the Realtek drivers until I decided to try Dolby Headphone (without the EQ adjustments [crystallizer, etc.]) and it made an ENORMOUS difference. Transparency is even further improved, the soundstage is astronomically better, and it made it much more enjoyable to listen to overall. Once I purchase the O2+ODAC I'll probably post an update, but even now I highly recommend that you purchase them especially at this price. There's nothing that comes close in price in this tier of headphones, at least from what I've seen

There's nothing that comes close in this tier of headphones, at least from what I've seen.

Except the Pioneer SE-A1000.  B)

I meant in terms of price.  :P

Price ain't important - audio quality matters foremost. Sure I can but $1k+ headphones, but they'd potentially sound worse than cheaper headphones.

Price ain't important - audio quality matters foremost. Sure I can but $1k+ headphones, but they'd potentially sound worse than cheaper headphones.

Price to performance in that tier. Sorry for being a bit vague

Price to performance in that tier. Sorry for being a bit vague.

So, spending money just to spend it?  :D

I know what you mean, but I'm going to argue anyway.

Sometimes you do get what you pay for. Bringing back the car thing, you can buy a $50k+ BMW x3 and it's a terrible car, or you can take the same money and buy an m3 which is a benchmark sports car.

Yes it's expensive but you get what you pay for. Not sure if you've ever listened to a pair of crazy high end headphones, but I feel the lcd2's should actually cost the price tag, same as the hd800's.

But I will give it to you that most expensive headphones are not worth it.

Sometimes you do get what you pay for. Bringing back the car thing, you can buy a $50k+ BMW x3 and it's a terrible car, or you can take the same money and buy an m3 which is a benchmark sports car.

Yes it's expensive but you get what you pay for. Not sure if you've ever listened to a pair of crazy high end headphones, but I feel the lcd2's should actually cost the price tag, same as the hd800's.

Oh I wasn't talking about good top-notch headphones like those, but there's bound to be some that are simply over priced for the sound they provide.

Hmm?

Words, Dave.

Yeah, I agree that you'll usually get a better product when it's more expensive, but obviously this isn't always the case (as you already know with the equipment you sell  :P)

Anyway, the entire time I meant the price/performance ratio in that tier of headphones, so don't worry about it