System taking up disk space and could use some help.

BunnyHunter

At random times my pc will start to chug and slow down. I looked in the task manager and it says that my system is taking up disk space. If anyone has any ideas or tips to find the issue that would be great. Thanks.  :)

Swap File, system restore and hibernate are all the most common culprits of large amounts of "missing" drive space.

Use spacesniffer or something similar to show you what programs or features are using up the most space

duc sequere aut de via decede

CPU: i7 6800K | Mobo: MSI X99 Gaming Pro Carbon | GPU: SLI EVGA 980 Ti Hydro Copper | PSU: EVGA 1000P2 | Memory: 64 DDR4 Corsair Dominator Platinum | Storage: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB M.2 & Samsung 850 Evo 1TB| Case: Be Quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 | Display: Predator X34 & Dell U2715H | Cooling: Custom Loop

Custom hard line watercooled Fractal Node 202 ITX build log

Do you mean disk space or ram? If former, check post above. If latter, I need to see screenshot of Task manager processes task and sort them by memory usage.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Do you mean disk space or ram? If former, check post above. If latter, I need to see screenshot of Task manager processes task and sort them by memory usage.

When I open the task manager it is shown as disk so I am guessing it is disk space. 

Swap File, system restore and hibernate are all the most common culprits of large amounts of "missing" drive space.

Use spacesniffer or something similar to show you what programs or features are using up the most space

Where would I direct space sniffer to scan the files that are labeled system in the task manager?

When I open the task manager it is shown as disk so I am guessing it is disk space. 

Could you post screenshot? System is still too wide to check what is wrong. Like system32.exe using all of your ram could be virus or something like that. Or system files like pagefile.sys and hibernate.sys using too much space on your C: drive.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv