BOINC gpu error "cuda runtime, memory related failure"

hey guys

I'm a big fan of folding@home, so I'm running BOINC on my pc a lot. About a week ago, my gpu started to freak out when I start boinc. About 5 minutes after it started using the gpu, there appears an error on the boinc-project info which says: "Cuda runtime, memoryr related failure" and then something about safety shutdown. at the same time my gpu core clock falls down to 500mhz and freezes there. (got a gtx 780, so it should boost up with gpu boost 2.0 under load) but even if i stop boinc and run a benchmark, the core clock just stays that 500mhz. 

After a pc restart the graphics card works fine as soon as I dont start boinc again. 

I'm really annoyed because letting projects run over the GPU is so much faster and now I can't really fold anything.

Had anyone had this issue some time in the past, or knows it?

Thanks for answers

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there. I have kinda the same issue as you have. I have a GTX780 too, but it doesn't seem to like my 3DMARK(13). After i try running that, the clock speed minimizes to a maximum of 5xx MHz, and goes to the normal 3xx MHz when idling. It also does that through 3DMARK, and that is giving me poor scores.

Sounds like you have a temp issue? Run something like HWMonitor and keep and eye on temps. Also, do you have the card overclocked?

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99