Elgato

Sorry if I've put this in the wrong Sub thread, I will move it to one if advised to do so :)

So before I explain my problem I have to say I had the original Elgato Game Capture HD and bought the new HD60 because my gameplay on my tv was delayed/lagging. Now onto what has happened since that,  I bought an Elgato HD60 to record some FIFA 15 gameplay about 5 weeks ago. I noticed that the lag was significantly recuduced so I proceeded to play FIFA with my Elgato on completely fine, until recently. The lag/delay was 2/3 seconds but doesn't sound like much but it does make a difference, a bad difference at that.

So I decided to email Elgato and they seemed to not really care and there told me that the delay was normal. Furious was the best way to put how I felt about that.

It now seems that I may be in the market for a new capture card.

I was wondering if anyone knows of any decent capture cards that have a very small delay if any or has any advice?

Many thanks,

MrGannyK

Honetly, I would keep emailing them for further help. It's not normal via a lot of games can't have too big of a delay like "Call Of Duty" or the "youtubers" who record wouldn't be happy.

Need help? Just message me.  @_avax Please quote me for responses.

SNIP

A delay from the HDMI pass through?

there isnt on my original elgato HD, it passes 1080p 60fps just fine

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Honetly, I would keep emailing them for further help. It's not normal via a lot of games can't have too big of a delay like "Call Of Duty" or the "youtubers" who record wouldn't be happy.

My thoughts exactly about the YouTubers not being happy, I mentioned that in my email to them so I'm unsure now whether it's just a problem with FIFA. Because the same delay has just happened without my Elgato being plugged in. The original lag was happening offline and online. I may give it another try and double check if the delay happens offline.

A delay from the HDMI pass through?

there isnt on my original elgato HD, it passes 1080p 60fps just fine

I think so, like I said FIFA is the only game I've noticed it on so I'm going to try other games and see whether it's just being awful as usual haha

I think so, like I said FIFA is the only game I've noticed it on so I'm going to try other games and see whether it's just being awful as usual haha

odd, the HDMI port on the device is just a pass-through, there is no processing, so there should not be any delay

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

odd, the HDMI port on the device is just a pass-through, there is no processing, so there should not be any delay

Shadow Captain you are helping me more than Elgato are doing haha! Well I'm going to try and play some offline FIFA now, I'll reply on the topic with my findings :)

Shadow Captain you are helping me more than Elgato are doing haha! Well I'm going to try and play some offline FIFA now, I'll reply on the topic with my findings :)

haha awesome let me know

not sure how much help I can provide beyond my own experience and reading off the packaging 

haha awesome let me know

not sure how much help I can provide beyond my own experience and reading off the packaging 

So I've just played the first half of a match offline and the delay isn't there at all :D So it must be an online thing, last night when I was playing I was getting a delay without my elgato being on

So I've just played the first half of a match offline and the delay isn't there at all :D So it must be an online thing, last night when I was playing I was getting a delay without my elgato being on

Oh right must just be the game

I'm thinking it might be two things. either my connection (considering my connection is extremely good I doubt its that) or EA servers being shocking as usual