PSU Help Please

ThatGuyNamedKasper

Hello everyone,

2-3 years back I used to have a pc. Ok. I was like 10 years old when I had it. It was totally normal, nvidia gt graphics, intel processor. It was good for gaming, roller coaster tycoon and games like that. But one day i was soo stupid that I pressed some fuse switch on the psu, from 300v to 200v or something like that. I saw a light spark inside the power supply. 

My question is, did that only affect the power supply or did that spark fry everything up. The pc was off when I was doing this. If I can replace just the psu for this pc it will brighten my day up. 

Thank you, 

Yes you will have blowen that PSU up! Buy a new one, i did it to one at school before i new anything about this PC bussiess!

'FrostNova' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/Samsterstorm/saved/WtBWGX :

CPU: Intel 4790k | MB: Asrock Z97 Extreme6 | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (+200, +250) | CASE: NZXT H440 (Black & Blue) | COOLER: Full EK 240mm CPU Loop | RAM: 16GB Hyper-X Fury (4x4GB @2133mhz) | STORAGE: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & Hyperx 120gb SSD | PSU: Corsair RM650 | SCREEN: Benq G2750 | LIGHTING: Deepcool RGB LED Kit | KEYBOARD: CM Devastator | MOUSE: Logitech G502 | HEADSET: Hyperx Clouds White 

You would of fried everything, get a new PSU to test it first because in rare cases you might not of fried everything. Always worth a check.

Get a new PSU to test the PC with, since the PC was off there is a chance only the mobo got fried or there might not be any damage done at all.