Dual Galaxy MDT X5 GeForce 560ti

derfdiggler

Im looking to build an ultimate workstation computer with 8 24" ips monitors and 2 42" tv's and was looking at running dual Galaxy X5 560ti's. Does anyone know if i can run them in SLI? The galaxy website doesn't state sli on that card but the card itself has sli connector on top. I am new to computer building and not sure if i can even run dual X5's in non SLI mode.

Is this the card you're talking about? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814162082

If it is the answer is no, it doesn't have an SLI bridge. You should be able to run them in non sli mode though.

What are you planning on using this rig for? 10 screens is going to be massively demanding if you're doing any graphic design, video/photo editing or gaming. I don't think a pair of 560ti's are going to do it for you unless you're planning on just having a bunch of browser windows or spreadsheets open on the different displays.

"Wisdom III" AMD FX 8120 @ 4.1Ghz // Biostar TA990FXE // 16GB GeIL Black Dragon (8x2) // Saphire HD 7870 OC Edition // CORSAIR TX850M // Curcial M4 64GB (boot) // Seagate Barracuda Green 1.5TB (storage) // Cooler Master Hyper N 520 // Windows 7 Pro 64 bit

yea this rig is mainly gonna be used for Stock Trading and spreadsheets. I will not be using this rig for any gaming, i will be building a separate gaming rig. But i am interested in using it for 3d design and video editing. What do you recommend?

could also put i am undecided on whether i should use the EVGA classified SR-X, Intel Workstation W2600CR2, or Asus Z9PE-D8 motherboard with either dual Xeon E5-2687W, Xeion E5-2450. Or using a motherboard that can take dual i7 Extreme i7-990x. Any suggestions?

Okay, one thing I know for sure is that if you want to run a dual socket setup you have to use a Xeon processor. The i7-990x doesn't support dual socket operation and I don't believe that any other i7 CPU does either. As far as the motherboard goes, all 3 you listed are good choices but I would probably go with the Asus because it's probably cheaper than the Intel and it's widely recognized as a good brand. I haven't done alot of research on dual socket boards so you may want to start a thread in the CPU's/ Motherboards section to get some other opinions from people who have actually used dual socket boards.

Okay video cards, if you're planning on doing heavy duty 3d design and video editing (not youtube videos) you may want to look into a Ninvida Quadro or AMD FirePro series videocard. I've seen Professional grade video cards with up to 8 outputs, so you would still probably have to run more than one (unless you can find one with 10 that's reasonably priced). Many of the pro series cards can be Crossfired/ SLI'd just like the consumer gaming cards. If you're only planning on doing stock trading most of the time though, the 560ti's will be fine, and you don't even have to run them in crossfire. You can just run both the cards on your machine as 2 independent GPU's.

Hope this helps some, heavy duty workstation PC's really aren't my area of expertise so I hope someone else will see this thread and add to it.

"Wisdom III" AMD FX 8120 @ 4.1Ghz // Biostar TA990FXE // 16GB GeIL Black Dragon (8x2) // Saphire HD 7870 OC Edition // CORSAIR TX850M // Curcial M4 64GB (boot) // Seagate Barracuda Green 1.5TB (storage) // Cooler Master Hyper N 520 // Windows 7 Pro 64 bit