Help needed for WHS 2011

smackinghar5

I cant configure my remote web access as i already manually open the port 80 and 443.

The wizard still tell me that the router block these ports.

My router is 5012NV by 2wire.

OK - to clarify - when running the wizard - it tells you it fails why exactly? Because it cannot configure the router to open the ports? That is ok. As you said, you have manually opened the ports on your router. Have you properly forwarded them to the WHS server?

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

OK - to clarify - when running the wizard - it tells you it fails why exactly? Because it cannot configure the router to open the ports? That is ok. As you said' date=' you have manually opened the ports on your router. Have you properly forwarded them to the WHS server? [/quote']

Yes i did i even contacted my isp and they cant do anything about it as they also helped me thru the setup.

From what I've seen that router has given a lot of people port forwarding problems. My fix would be buy a new router. I used to have a 2wire I think it was a 2701. it was absolutely useless. The only way to get it to do anything was disable the firewall and turn DMZ onto my server. This wasn't an issue as I only accessed it remotely but it did work until I got a new router.

One Steam to rule them all, One Sale to find them, One Sale to bring them all and with their wallets, bind them! - r/pcmasterrace 17/01/2014

Spoiler
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k
  • CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212+ 
  • RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2400Mhz (2x8GB)
  • GPU: Gigabyte G1 R9 390 
  • Mobo: Asus Z170-AR
  • PSU: Antec High Current Gamer 900W 
  • Storage: 240GB intel 520 SSD (OS), Sandisk 128GB SSD(Other OS) 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 
  • Case: Fractal Design R4

I would try setting your Server as a DMZ and see if it resolves the issue, if it doesn't then its quite possible that your ISP has port 80 blocked (A lot of ISP's do this to prevent stuff like web hosting from home). If that is the case then there is not much you can do, Your router is definetly the first thing to check though.

I would try setting your Server as a DMZ and see if it resolves the issue' date=' if it doesn't then its quite possible that your ISP has port 80 blocked (A lot of ISP's do this to prevent stuff like web hosting from home). If that is the case then there is not much you can do, Your router is definetly the first thing to check though.[/quote']

my Isp said that they didn't block any port. I also tried to use DMZ but still cant make it work.

I remember having to forward the ports manually on my router for it to work, and i also had to open it on the firewall on the WHS box itself. You can do this in "windows firewall with advanced security" found in administrative tools in the control panel. Simply add a new rule with the ports in.

Also, do you not need to open port 3389 too?

Main PC: i7 3770k @ 4.2Ghz Corsair H100i V2 | MSI GD65-Z77A | NZXT Tempest 410 Elite | MSI 1080Ti Gaming | Corsair Vengeance 4x4GB @ 1600Mhz | 2x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | Seagate 2TB | Corsair RM650x

• 2 weeks later...
I remember having to forward the ports manually on my router for it to work, and i also had to open it on the firewall on the WHS box itself. You can do this in "windows firewall with advanced security" found in administrative tools in the control panel. Simply add a new rule with the ports in.

Also, do you not need to open port 3389 too?

My bet is, even though you talked to your ISP they either blocked 80 like he said up there, to prevent home hosting but it is possible your router does not have support for UPNP, unviersal plug and play