Looking for entry level DAC or AMP

swiss911

Hello, new to the forum but thought maybe you guys can help me out with a decision. I want to get a DAC/AMP but don't want to just blow off my money on something that is not going to be worth the price. I am currently using Audio Technica ATH pro700mkII's but I do plan to upgrade to something around the 80 or 100 impedance zone later on after collage. I have looked into the Fulla Schiit and the Fiio Olympus E10 and wanted some impressions on them. If you have any other recommendations that would be much appreciated.

My budget is $50-$120 usd

I dunno what it would cost in the US, but I've been using an Audio Technica D1 Dac and it's outstanding, maybe give that a look into. It cost about $150 AUD but after the conversion rate and the australia tax is should be in your budget

Hello, new to the forum but thought maybe you guys can help me out with a decision. I want to get a DAC/AMP but don't want to just blow off my money on something that is not going to be worth the price. I am currently using Audio Technica ATH pro700mkII's but I do plan to upgrade to something around the 80 or 100 impedance zone later on after collage. I have looked into the Fulla Schiit and the Fiio Olympus E10 and wanted some impressions on them. If you have any other recommendations that would be much appreciated.

My budget is $50-$120 usd

I'd probably go for the Fulla Schiit, which has double the output power, which can help with the low end, as you're more likely to reach high enough levels in the low to distort than the high end(without pain)

they're both very good options, but I also really like the aesthetic and size of the Fulla

Buy the headphones first. Chances are they won't need any help. Impedance means nothing and 80-100 ohms is hardly challenging in any case.

Buy the headphones first. Chances are they won't need any help. Impedance means nothing and 80-100 ohms is hardly challenging in any case.

This. Low impedance AKG's and some planars are harder to drive than 300+ ohm Sennheisers, and can still be fine without an amp.

If you want a DAC/amp for the physical volume knob or just because, I recommend the Syba DAC if you're onboard is sufficient for your headphones, and the SMSL SD793-II if you need more volume.

i have the fiio e17 its really good and i have it highly reccomend or u can look at the e18 they are portable options to consider.