Best Cherry MX switch for programmers.

YT2002
Go to solution Solved by ShadowCaptain,

So I need to know which switch is best for programming. Probably only cherry mx switches aswell

for lots of typing, blues or browns genreally

So I need to know which switch is best for programming. Probably only cherry mx switches aswell

PC is Intel Core i5 6400, GIgabyte H170 Gaming 3, Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x4GB 2400Mhz ,Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB, WD Blue 1TB, NZXT S340, ASUS Geforce GTX 960. Fractal Design Tesla R2 650W. http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/793XNG. Graphics card choices don't always have to be dictated on performance. If you want the game stream and power consumption of the GTX 970 get that. If you want raw performance of the R9 390 get that. In the end we are all gamers, so what if your buddy gets an extra 5 fps? 

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

OK thanks. The person said he would like the clickiness, so blues. Thanks!

PC is Intel Core i5 6400, GIgabyte H170 Gaming 3, Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x4GB 2400Mhz ,Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB, WD Blue 1TB, NZXT S340, ASUS Geforce GTX 960. Fractal Design Tesla R2 650W. http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/793XNG. Graphics card choices don't always have to be dictated on performance. If you want the game stream and power consumption of the GTX 970 get that. If you want raw performance of the R9 390 get that. In the end we are all gamers, so what if your buddy gets an extra 5 fps? 

If he mistypes a lot, greens could be a better solution. They're heavier, so it's harder to double press keys by mistake. 

As for the clickiness, I find it gets very annoying for long periods of typing, so I would personally suggest Browns or Clear switches. 

If he uses it in an office blues might get loud though :P

CPU I7 - 4720HQ RAM 2 x 8GB • GPU Nvidia GTX 850M Storage 250GB 850 EVO - 1TB Seagate Hybrid
Keyboard CM Storm QuickFire Rapid-I (MX brown) & Pok3r (MX clear) • Mouse Logitech G502 • Sound Audio-Technica ATH-M50X • OS Windows 10 Pro - Linux Arch 
Storage Asustor AS7004T

I personally recommend using a switch tester or just trying a bunch of keyboards. When it comes to keyboards, its all personal preference. What switch person A likes person B might hate. Also, switches aren't purpose built(IE "reds are for gaming, blues are for typing. are false claims), so really just find the switch you like.

I personally cant stand typing on Blues, so I type on Reds since they are lighter.

If he uses it in an office blues might get loud though :P

He works in a room of himself. Hes alright with clickiness and he wants the clickiness

He works in a room of himself. Hes alright with clickiness and he wants the clickiness

Blues or Greens then. Greens are much heavier though and I find that most people who move from membrane switches tend to prefer greens for the weight behind them. I use greens and love them. Brought my keyboard to school with me one day and lots of people loved typing on them - people who had probably never typed on anything but mushy membranes or laptop scissor switches. So ya, I would observe how he types first. If he's not super deliberate or doesn't make tons of typos then blues are fine. If not, greens.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||