PDF Architect removal

Go to solution Solved by yudothat2me,

Try Control Panel -> Programs -> Standard programs -> Configure standard programs 

(it might be called slightly different, I have a Dutch version of Windows)

Go over to Adobe reader and select the "Select what standard opens this program" and tick .pdf.

That fixed it. Thanks

I have a program called PDF Architect that I want removed from my computer. I removed it by uninstalling it via Control Panel/Remove programs, but when I try to look at a PDF using Adobe Reader, it opens up in PDF Architect even though that program is presumably uninstalled. How do I completely get rid of this unwanted program?

I have a program called PDF Architect that I want removed from my computer. I removed it by uninstalling it via Control Panel/Remove programs, but when I try to look at a PDF using Adobe Reader, it opens up in PDF Architect even though that program is presumably uninstalled. How do I completely get rid of this unwanted program?

Possibly there's an uninstaller?

Or can you uninstall Adobe reader too and reinstall Adobe reader?

Maybe PDF Architect infected Adobe reader or something? :P

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Possibly there's an uninstaller?

Or can you uninstall Adobe reader too and reinstall Adobe reader?

Maybe PDF Architect infected Adobe reader or something? :P

It has an uninstaller, which I used to uninstall it. The problem is that it will still open pdf files in PDF Architect. Adobe Reader never even opens up. I think the file association is messed up and PDF Architect is still somehow on the system.

It has an uninstaller, which I used to uninstall it. The problem is that it will still open pdf files in PDF Architect. Adobe Reader never even opens up. I think the file association is messed up and PDF Architect is still somehow on the system.

So it is not there in Control Panel -> Programs anymore?

And have you tried right clicking the .pdf and opening it with Adobe Reader or even with Google Chrome?

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

So it is not there in Control Panel -> Programs anymore?

And have you tried right clicking the .pdf and opening it with Adobe Reader or even with Google Chrome?

Yes, it's gone from installed programs in Control Panel. I can right click and open it using Open With and it opens in Adobe Reader. If I open a pdf while in Outlook 365, there is no Open With, and it opens with PDF Architect.

Yes, it's gone from installed programs in Control Panel. I can right click and open it using Open With and it opens in Adobe Reader. If I open a pdf while in Outlook 365, there is no Open With, and it opens with PDF Architect.

Try Control Panel -> Programs -> Standard programs -> Configure standard programs 

Go over to Adobe reader and select the "Select what standard opens this program" and tick .pdf.

Go to your Appdata (%appdata%) in the start menu, go look through the folders finding Adobe and removing all traces of the Adobe Architect? Also, you could go into "regedit.exe" and remove any traces from there? 

CPU: i5 4670k @ 3.4GHz + Corsair H100i      GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 SOC (+215 Core|+162 Mem)     SSD: Kingston V300 240GB (OS)      Headset: Logitech G930 

Case: Cosair Vengance C70 (white)                RAM: 16GB TeamGroup Elite Black DDR3 1600MHz       HDD: 1TB WD Blue                              Mouse: Logitech G602

OS: Windows 7 Home Premium                       PSUXFX Core Edition 750w                                                Motherboard: MSI Z97-G45               Keyboard: Logitech G510

That fixed it. Thanks