MSI Z97 GAMING 7 won't boot from bootable win7 usb drive

I'm doing my first gaming pc build and my msi z97 gaming 7 won't boot from my bootable win7 usb drive. I went in the bios and rearranged the boot device priority so it boots from the flash drive but when I reboot the screen just goes black and nothing happens. I don't have a dvd drive or a windows dvd so I can't try it that way. I know the bootable usb works because I tested it on another computer. Please help. 

i7 4790k

MSI Z97 GAMING 7

GTX 960

Crucial Ballistix 16gb DDR3

WD 1TB HD

Corsair CX600M

Tried sticking it into another port?

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

Yes I tried that. No luck 

Try updating the BIOS via usb, then try again with windows on the pen drive?

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

Try the bottom left usb,. (Assuming you're looking dead on at the ass end of your PC.

G3258 V 860k (Spoiler: G3258 wins)

Spoiler

i7-4790K | MSI R9 390x | Cryorig H5 | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard | G.Skill Sniper 8gbx2 1600mhz DDR3 | Corsair 300R | WD Green 2TB 2.5" 5400RPM drive | <p>Corsair RM750 | Logitech G602 | Corsair K95 RGB | Logitech Z313

Try the bottom left usb,. (Assuming you're looking dead on at the ass end of your PC.

I tried that and all the other ports. No luck 

I tried that and all the other ports. No luck

Damn. As Linus has said, try another.

Spoiler

i7-4790K | MSI R9 390x | Cryorig H5 | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard | G.Skill Sniper 8gbx2 1600mhz DDR3 | Corsair 300R | WD Green 2TB 2.5" 5400RPM drive | <p>Corsair RM750 | Logitech G602 | Corsair K95 RGB | Logitech Z313

Flash drive that is.

Spoiler

Flash drive that is.

That would probably take a while since I don't have another one, but like I said, the usb drive shouldn't be the problem because I just tried booting from it on another computer and "windows is loading files ..." blah blah blah everything works 

That would probably take a while since I don't have another one, but like I said, the usb drive shouldn't be the problem because I just tried booting from it on another computer and "windows is loading files ..." blah blah blah everything works

Linus has said some are just like, wonky. Oddly, he claims the cheaper they are, typically the better they work.

Spoiler

I'm gonna try to reformat the usb drive and redo the bootable win7 drive see if that works. In the meantime if anybody has any other suggestions I'd appreciate it. Thanks 

I'm gonna try to reformat the usb drive and redo the bootable win7 drive see if that works. In the meantime if anybody has any other suggestions I'd appreciate it. Thanks

I suggest you remove the PC from its location, set it in the middle of a room with room for at least a 7-foot diameter circle, and draw a large circle, with that diameter, around it, and form a star inside it, it must all be drawn in coolant. Lay Ethernet cable over all of your lines, and light candles at the points of the stars. Keep your PC plugged in, the entire time, and your power cable must lay along a line of the star.

Now, grab a brand new, unused electronic device and raises it above the circle in your hands chanting "I command you, Satan, Ruler of Hell, bringer of the Apocalypse, to expel all unwanted poltergeist-ware from this sacred device" backwards. After doing so you must snap the unused electronic in half, and let the prices crumble to your PC. Now slit your hand open with a knife and drip your blood onto the computer. Place the goat head atop your PC and repeat the incantation one more time, forwards this time. And remove the red hood from your face.

After a wild electronic cataclysm that lasts 6:66, everything will come to a stop and you are free to try your flash drive again with newfound success.

Welcome to the brotherhood.....Initiate.

Spoiler

I suggest you remove the PC from its location, set it in the middle of a room with room for at least a 7-foot diameter circle, and draw a large circle, with that diameter, around it, and form a star inside it, it must all be drawn in coolant. Lay Ethernet cable over all of your lines, and light candles at the points of the stars. Keep your PC plugged in, the entire time, and your power cable must lay along a line of the star.

Now, grab a brand new, unused electronic device and raises it above the circle in your hands chanting "I command you, Satan, Ruler of Hell, bringer of the Apocalypse, to expel all unwanted poltergeist-ware from this sacred device" backwards. After doing so you must snap the unused electronic in half, and let the prices crumble to your PC. Now slit your hand open with a knife and drip your blood onto the computer. Place the goat head atop your PC and repeat the incantation one more time, forwards this time. And remove the red hood from your face.

After a wild electronic cataclysm that lasts 6:66, everything will come to a stop and you are free to try your flash drive again with newfound success.

Welcome to the brotherhood.....Initiate.

hahaha wow that's really something. I guess I'm not that desperate yet. Maybe I'll have more luck tomorrow. I'll report back if I come across "newfound success" 

hahaha wow that's really something. I guess I'm not that desperate yet. Maybe I'll have more luck tomorrow. I'll report back if I come across "newfound success"

"One of us..... One of us......"

Spoiler

• 2 weeks later...

By the way if anyone was still interested, I fixed it by getting a new flash drive and remaking the bootable usb drive

By the way if anyone was still interested, I fixed it by getting a new flash drive and remaking the bootable usb drive

Told you.

Spoiler