Wait more?

I have been waiting one month untill AMD GPUs R9 300 series release, but it has been delayed. :(

Actually, I´ve waited because I wanted a new AMD gpu to match the incoming freesync tech, but now I do not know if it is worth waiting three months more (untill computex, where they´ll launch their new and fresh-looking gpus).

So my other option is buying a msi gtx 970 and later on a g-sync display, but this does not convince me at all due to the vram "issue" and the higher g-sync displays cost.

So this is why I am posting here, to hear what's your advise and what you´ll do in my place. I know it´s up to me, but I´m almost new in this world, so I´d appreciate some advices. Please, all those "Brand lovers" should abstain from commenting. I´m looking for the most objective ones possible. Thanks everyone.

That's completely up to you. I'd personally save a bit more money and get a GTX 980 or R9 290X if you're dismayed by the VRAM issue though to be fair, the GTX 970 is still just about as fast as the R9 290X at 1080p and 1440p, with both trading blows.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

get a 290 if u dont want to get a 970

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.1 Corinthians 13:4

My advice i've given to lads over the years....

"If you always wait for the latest and greatest in this hobby, you will always have nothing...."

get a 290 if u dont want to get a 970

Too much heat output and high power consumption. Also, as I have been told,it is not the 290 the one which competes with the 970 but the 290x

VRAM is not that much of an issue on GTX 970 - the benchmarks speak for themselves. It sucks nVidia did it, and it might cause some issues if you want to have 970 SLI, but as far as single GPU is concerned, its tolerable.

On a G-Sync VS Freesync matter - these are 2 branches of the same technology. In the end, only 1 will reign supreme. But its just too early to say which one will become the "dead branch".

Also, do keep in mind that R9 300 series are, except the top end R9 390/390X, just rebrands of existing R9 200 series. So unless you want the top end models, you can just buy R9 290/290X, which supports freesync, and will be rebranded as R9 380/380X anyway, so you will be getting the same thing in essence, hence not that many reasons to wait.

Too much heat output and high power consumption. Also, as I have been told,it is not the 290 the one which competes with the 970 but the 290x

and the 300 is rebranded 290/x

so it will be the sam unless u get the high end one and 290 is like 50 bucks cheaper and has 4gigs of ram

and the 300 will be hot and have high power consumption

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.1 Corinthians 13:4