Surface Pro 3, good games that will run well?

BenneMus

Looking for some good games to play while on the go with my Surface Pro 3, so nothing beefy, and preferably something that doesn't require fast mouse movements.

I've got the 8GB RAM Model with an i5-4300 Dual Core running at 1.9, turbo at 2.9.

Thanks for the suggestions!

- BenneMus

[EDIT]

"Dont wanna carry around a mouse with me, and something like that wouldn't really be playable in class/break/on the bus  :) "

So yea, something that I can pause and play with a mousepad, and offline would be nice, but not a must.

Team Fotress 2 = run well

Team Fotress 2 = average game??

CPU: Intel Core I5 4590 | GPU: EVGA GTX 970 SSC | Mobo: ASRock Fatality H97 Performance | Ram: HyperX Fury 8gb 1866 | SSD: Intel 520 series 240 GB | HDD: WD Blue 1TB | Case: Aerocool DS 200 red/black | Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212X | PSU: Antec High Current Gamer 620w | Monitor: AOC i2367fh & old HP | OS: Windowws 7

Damn it. Had you not said no fast mouse movements, I'd be telling to to try Deus Ex...

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11

I'd say quake 2, but it's an fps...

I suppose some racing games should be good, like toca race driver 2 or dirt (1)

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Team Fotress 2 = run well

Team Fotress 2 = average game??

Not going to be good on a mousepad

You could buy a cheap logitech mouse or some sort for about $10 and play csgo and such

You could buy a cheap logitech mouse or some sort for about $10 and play csgo and such

Dont wanna carry around a mouse with me, and something like that wouldn't really be playable in class/break/on the bus :) 

A mate of mine used to play Super Meat Boy and Goat Simulator on his Surface 2 during lectures.  The Stanley Parable, and maybe something like Rise of Nations/Age of Empires might be playable.  Maybe a few of the Lego games or possibly even the Portal games, come to mind as other possibilities.  Not quite sure how well any of those will perform though as I don't have a Surface myself (waiting on the inevitable Surface 4)

Edit: Grid/Grid 2 might be an option.  Runs pretty well on my brother's laptop which has less power than the Surface 3.

CPU Intel Core i7 7700K; Cooler Cryorig R1 Universal; MB Asus ROG Maximus IX Code; RAM G.Skill Trident Z 3200Mhz (4 x 8GB); GPU ASUS GTX 1080 Ti ROG Strix Gaming OC; Case Be Quiet Dark Base 900 Pro Silver; Storage Samsung 960 EVO 500GB, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB, Seagate Barracuda 4TB; PSU EVGA Supernova 850W G2; OS Windows 10; KB Corsair K70 (MX Brown); Audio O2 & ODAC, Sennheiser HD 600, Sennheiser RS 185, Swan M200MKIII; Monitors 2x Dell U2410

Previous Build

CPU Intel Core i5 4690K; Cooler Cooler Master Hyper 212X; MB Asus Z97-A; RAM G.Skill Sniper (2 x 4GB); GPU 2x Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming (SLI); Case Corsair Obsidian 450D; Storage Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, WD Black 1TB, Hitachi 750GB; PSU EVGA Supernova 750W G2; OS Windows 10; 

If you're a fan of point and click games that don't require extreme QTEs, you can definitely try out Telltale's Back to the Future games. It's supposed to bring closure to the entire film trilogy and I remember running this on a potato before just fine.