First Time!

vDemonnnz

Hey guys im new here so hi! I have had a gaming pc for about a year now but to put it bluntly its shit i bought it on ebay for 500£ but it struggles running goat sim -_- ye i know its bad. Anyway i am thinking about building my first proper gaming pc but i want to be able to pick it up and take it to lan events aswell, i have been thinking of something like this http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/B7RzsYbut im not sure about it. Any feedback/ changes to my build is welcome,

Thanks

-vDemonnnz

Bit overkill on the CPU, an i5 4690K would be more appropriate and MORE than enough to blaze through games. I see no real problem with any of the components and it will work just fine. 

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

thanks man ill have a look at that i5 rn

-vDemonnnz

Hey guys im new here so hi! I have had a gaming pc for about a year now but to put it bluntly its shit i bought it on ebay for 500£ but it struggles running goat sim -_- ye i know its bad. Anyway i am thinking about building my first proper gaming pc but i want to be able to pick it up and take it to lan events aswell, i have been thinking of something like this http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/B7RzsYbut im not sure about it. Any feedback/ changes to my build is welcome,

Thanks

-vDemonnnz

Hmm... I see a few problem here

- You dont need an i7 for gaming, i5 4690k is more than enough

- You dont really need to buy after market thermal paste, the pre-applied one on the H100i is already good. also the H100i is quite old now so how about H110 or Kraken X60 or H220? Not sure if it available in your place or not but PCPartPicker has always been not reliable outside US and Canada.

- Any reason why you HAVE to go with Mini ITX? Unless you move your PC around alot for Lan party etc, I'd say get a normal ATX size for future upgrade as well as better airflow.

- Why a Western Digital Red? They are mainly use for server hosting, not for personal PC/gaming PC, especially at that 5400rpm. Get a WD Black or at least Blue instead, else switch to Seagate Barracuda HDD.

-Kinda overkill by going with a Gold Certified Full Modular PSU. Do you really need full modular? ppl who use it are usually the one that need to change the cable to match their color scheme, else a semi-modular is better at cheaper price.

My rig: Intel Core i7 4790k | MSI Z97 PC Mate | GSKILL Ripjaws X 16GB 1866MHz | ADATA Premier SP550 480GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Seagate Barracuda 2TB  | MSI Gaming X GTX 1070 | Thermaltake Versa N21 | Corsair CX550M Semi Modular PSU | AOC G2460PF 144Hz | Logitech G502 | GSKILL Ripjaws KM780  | GAMDIAS HEPHAESTUS V2  PCPartPicker | Old Build Log | New Build Log

^^ this is what i need aha thanks man, well im newish soo idk really i want to go to lan partys but there isnt that many a year maybe 6-7 so the other times it will be sat at home on my desk, so maybe atx will be better for my needs,

-vDemonnnz

what about the corsair 80i gt cpu cooler? or the h100i gtx?

what about the corsair 80i gt cpu cooler? or the h100i gtx?

The GTX is ok. General rule about AIO water cooler is to get a 240mm radiator insted of a 120mm one. If you choose the 120mm one then it's better to go air cooler. Usually 120mm AIO is for the case where your PC case is too small and dont have space for a good air cooler.

Also quote me next time if you want me to reply :P it's easier for me to see that way

My rig: Intel Core i7 4790k | MSI Z97 PC Mate | GSKILL Ripjaws X 16GB 1866MHz | ADATA Premier SP550 480GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Seagate Barracuda 2TB  | MSI Gaming X GTX 1070 | Thermaltake Versa N21 | Corsair CX550M Semi Modular PSU | AOC G2460PF 144Hz | Logitech G502 | GSKILL Ripjaws KM780  | GAMDIAS HEPHAESTUS V2  PCPartPicker | Old Build Log | New Build Log

Look at the Corsair C70 (white/black/military green).  It is a very sturdy case that can be transported easily, while allowing you the options of a mid tower (because it is a mid tower)...SLI?

Look at the Corsair C70 (white/black/military green).  It is a very sturdy case that can be transported easily, while allowing you the options of a mid tower (because it is a mid tower)...SLI?

dont have enough for sli gpu's but ill have a look at the c70

-vDemonnnz

That's a rather expensive mouse for what it is, you seem to have an affinity for Corsair?  I would recommend looking at some other brands for peripherals, perhaps peruse the sub-forums for each of the different peripherals.  Given that peripherals are your interface with your computer and you'll be using them every day, it's worth investing the time.

That's a rather expensive mouse for what it is, you seem to have an affinity for Corsair?  I would recommend looking at some other brands for peripherals, perhaps peruse the sub-forums for each of the different peripherals.  Given that peripherals are your interface with your computer and you'll be using them every day, it's worth investing the time.

Im not a corsair fanboy by the way :) i have a friend with the corsair k70 keyboard and the vengance m95 and they are great to use feel very nice while using so thats why i chose them aha, what would you reccomend instead?

-vDemonnnz

Im not a corsair fanboy by the way :) i have a friend with the corsair k70 keyboard and the vengance m95 and they are great to use feel very nice while using so thats why i chose them aha, what would you reccomend instead?

-vDemonnnz

If you've used those before and you like them, absolutely go for it.

Just a comparative build.  I took the money off the CPU and basically put it on a 144Hz monitor.  If you don't really want the higher refresh rate, you can go with a 1440p:  http://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Monitors+%26+TVs/26+inch+%2B/Dell+UltraSharp+25+Inch+Widescreen+U2515H+QHD+IPS+Adjustable+PC+Monitor+?productId=62996&source=pcpartpicker

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  (£180.99 @ Ebuyer)
CPU Cooler: Corsair H110i GT 113.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  (£99.98 @ Aria PC)
Motherboard: MSI Z97-G45 Gaming ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  (£104.85 @ Amazon UK)
Memory: Kingston Savage 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-2400 Memory  (£95.99 @ Amazon UK)
Storage: Crucial BX100 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (£73.95 @ Amazon UK)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£56.34 @ Aria PC)
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 970 4GB STRIX Video Card  (£279.99 @ Amazon UK)
Case: Corsair Vengeance C70 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case  (£92.94 @ Scan.co.uk)
Power Supply: Corsair CX 500W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  (£49.79 @ Aria PC)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit)  (£74.09 @ Amazon UK)
Monitor: AOC G2460PQU 144Hz 24.0" Monitor  (£200.34 @ Aria PC)
Keyboard: Thermaltake eSports MEKA G-Unit Wired Gaming Keyboard  (£65.48 @ Scan.co.uk)
Mouse: Logitech G502 Wired Optical Mouse  (£47.00 @ Amazon UK)
Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Pro Headset  (£58.95 @ Amazon UK)
Total: £1480.68
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-03-07 20:02 GMT+0000

...and I know... the mouse is blue... it is just that good of a mouse.

Just a comparative build.  I took the money off the CPU and basically put it on a 144Hz monitor.  If you don't really want the higher refresh rate, you can go with a 1440p:  http://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Monitors+%26+TVs/26+inch+%2B/Dell+UltraSharp+25+Inch+Widescreen+U2515H+QHD+IPS+Adjustable+PC+Monitor+?productId=62996&source=pcpartpicker

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  (£180.99 @ Ebuyer)

CPU Cooler: Corsair H110i GT 113.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  (£99.98 @ Aria PC)

Motherboard: MSI Z97-G45 Gaming ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  (£104.85 @ Amazon UK)

Memory: Kingston Savage 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-2400 Memory  (£95.99 @ Amazon UK)

Storage: Crucial BX100 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (£73.95 @ Amazon UK)

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£56.34 @ Aria PC)

Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 970 4GB STRIX Video Card  (£279.99 @ Amazon UK)

Case: Corsair Vengeance C70 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case  (£92.94 @ Scan.co.uk)

Power Supply: Corsair CX 500W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  (£49.79 @ Aria PC)

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit)  (£74.09 @ Amazon UK)

Monitor: AOC G2460PQU 144Hz 24.0" Monitor  (£200.34 @ Aria PC)

Keyboard: Thermaltake eSports MEKA G-Unit Wired Gaming Keyboard  (£65.48 @ Scan.co.uk)

Mouse: Logitech G502 Wired Optical Mouse  (£47.00 @ Amazon UK)

Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Pro Headset  (£58.95 @ Amazon UK)

Total: £1480.68

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-03-07 20:02 GMT+0000

...and I know... the mouse is blue... it is just that good of a mouse.

looks like a nice build man thanks :).

-vDemonnnz