Help Build My Extreme Rig :D

Hey there Linusites ( People of Linus :P ) Im Harshal Patel, 20 , From India.

Uhm , I've been a bit confused about making a extreme build which runs on 4K and DDR4 System around 3,250USD

I've come down to some products but i will be glad if you help me configure a better build and suggest some of your own.

Processor : Intel i7 5820k Haswell ( Suggest if something else is better :D )

MotherBoard : Asus Rampage V Extreme ( Suggest if something else is better :D )

GPU : R9 295X2 8GB DDR5 ( I'm Super Confused finalizing the card , i know this is a over kill card but do tell me i can put other cards , or in SLI/CrossF)\

RAM : g.skill 16GB DDR4 ( no idea about howq much MHz to look for , Please Do suggest if any better , i think i'd want 3000+Mhz , because why not)

Suggest me a Cabinet and Liquid Cooler , Ive 3 x Dell 24" Displays (I'll sell them and get one 4K Display) Razer BlackWidow Chroma and DeathAdder Mouse and Goliathus Mouse Pad and Elektra HeadPhones.

Peace. Love you all. Thanks in Advance , You all Rock. :D

Is this only for gaming, or are you doing some 3D/editing work? If it's mainly gaming, you can go for a much cheaper CPU and skip on X99 as it won't improve your performance. 

Sorry , i didnt mention before , my bad ....

its Pure GAMING :D

Sorry , i didnt mention before , my bad ....

its Pure GAMING :D

In that case, remove the 5820K, DDR4 and X99 board, it's a huge drain on money for no reason. 

A 4690K will do fine with a MSI Z97 Gaming 5 board and 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM. 

For a case, Phanteks Enthoo Pro or Primo are good cases, with the Primo being bigger and better for watercooling. 

For an AIO cooler, NZXT x61 Kraken is a good choice, or you could go for a full custom loop with the money you save from X99. 

AMD's R9 3XX series should be around soon, so it may be worth holding off to see what they release, it may be better for 4K. 

In that case, remove the 5820K, DDR4 and X99 board, it's a huge drain on money for no reason. 

A 4690K will do fine with a MSI Z97 Gaming 5 board and 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM. 

For a case, Phanteks Enthoo Pro or Primo are good cases, with the Primo being bigger and better for watercooling. 

For an AIO cooler, NZXT x61 Kraken is a good choice, or you could go for a full custom loop with the money you save from X99. 

AMD's R9 3XX series should be around soon, so it may be worth holding off to see what they release, it may be better for 4K. 

Uhm , i really appreciate your help save my bucks , but it's fine if i were to spend even 3.5K , Im fine with it ...

OverKilling would be okay since i really dont wish to update my components any time soon... :D 

So, Go ahead Help me build a OverKill System :D

Thanks a Ton Oshino Shinobu :D

58xx CPUs have WORSE performance in games than mainstream ones, get 4690K or 4790K if you want top of the line gaming rig.

58xx CPUs have WORSE performance in games than mainstream ones, get 4690K or 4790K if you want top of the line gaming rig.

And you can use saved money to get 980 SLI if you want beast rig.

Uhm , i really appreciate your help save my bucks , but it's fine if i were to spend even 3.5K , Im fine with it ...

OverKilling would be okay since i really dont wish to update my components any time soon... :D

So, Go ahead Help me build a OverKill System :D

Thanks a Ton Oshino Shinobu :D

Going for a 4790K is even overkill, but still somewhat makes sense. Going for X99 is extremely overkill, for 0% improvements in games, maybe with one or two exceptions. 

My honest advise would be to go for a 4790K now, then maybe upgrade to Skylake when it comes out. 

Hell, you would benefit more by buying two Titan X cards than going with X99. They should destroy 4K when they're available. 

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/qc4J23

Add storage that fits your needs, case you like the look of and maybe some pretty fans.

This build is cheaper and will give you more performance in games, and if you really want to spend fortune on PC get beefy PSU and wait for titan X

It doesn't have to be about saving money, but allocating that money in a way that improves your gaming experience more than an X99 platform would. That money could be put toward better monitors, better SSDs, better audio, better case, etc., etc…

The only benefit of x99 IMO is the ability to run tri SLI due to the increased PCI express bandwidth.(16x16x8)

You simply cannot do this on Z97 platforms as SLI requires at least 8x PCI lane to run. (Third PCI express lane drops to 4x when third card is plugged in). You could see benefit here if you really want to smash 4k gaming.

(Note: Crossfire works in three card setup on Z97 as AMD cards only require 4x PCI to work)

CPU i5-4690K(OC to 4.4Ghz) CPU Cooler NZXT Kraken x41 Motherboard MSI Z97 Gaming 5 Memory G.Skillz Ripjaws X 16gb 2133 Video Card MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X           Case NZXT H440 Power Supply XFX XTR 750W Modular Storage Samsung 840 EVO 250gb/Seagate Barracuda 2TB Monitor Acer XB270HU G-Sync http://pcpartpicker.com/b/3CkTwP

Guy , I know i can compare the cards and products online , But i really want your reviews ... 

Which is better ?? FOR GAMING

X99 or Rampage V Extreme ?

the thing that is really hurting my brain is the GPU ..

is GTX 980 4GB SLI better or R9 295x2 8GB ( I live in India and this card hasnt launched yet , but it's available at one retailer for 90K INR i.e 1450USD , Yeah i know too expensive shit in here , Moving to US soon :P lol jk ) ?

The RAM , g.skill Ripjaws or Corsair Dominator ?? ( I think getting 3000Mhz or more is better because why get lower ones because they were OC'd in DDR3 )

Guy , I know i can compare the cards and products online , But i really want your reviews ... 

Which is better ?? FOR GAMING

X99 or Rampage V Extreme ?

the thing that is really hurting my brain is the GPU ..

is GTX 980 4GB SLI better or R9 295x2 8GB ( I live in India and this card hasnt launched yet , but it's available at one retailer for 90K INR i.e 1450USD , Yeah i know too expensive shit in here , Moving to US soon :P lol jk ) ?

The RAM , g.skill Ripjaws or Corsair Dominator ?? ( I think getting 3000Mhz or more is better because why get lower ones because they were OC'd in DDR3 )

1. X99 or Rampage V Extreme? None, go for i7 4790K and Maximus VII Hero, you really don't want to waste more than $300 just to get a tiny tiny little bit better in performance over Z97

2. GTX 980 2-way-SLI, of course (unless you want to spend more on electricity bill and choose the AMD)

3. Just get a DDR3 16GB 1600MHz kit, remember clock speed on ram DOESN'T MAKE GAMES RUN SMOOTHER

Scarlet KnightIntel Core i3 6100 || Antec A40 Pro CPU Cooler || MSI Z170A Gaming M5 || Kingston HyperX 16GB DDR4-2133MHz || Samsung 850 Evo 120GB || Seagate Barracuda 1TB || Gigabyte G1 Gaming R9 390X 8GB || Seasonic M12II 620W || In Win 503 || Corsair Strafe || Steelseries Kinzu V3 MSI Edition || Dell UltraSharp U2414H || Xiaomi Alumunium Mouse Pad (S)

#Gadget: 

Phone: BlackBerry Classic Q20, Samsung Galaxy Note 4 S-LTE SM-N916S

Console: PlayStation 4 500GB CUH-1206A

Tablet: iPad Air 2 16GB Wi-fi Only

Laptop: MSI GE62 (i7 4720HQ || 8GB DDR3 || NVIDIA GTX960M || Samsung 650 EVO 120GB + 1TB HDD)

In-ear Monitor: Xiaomi Piston 3.0

1. X99 or Rampage V Extreme? None, go for i7 4790K and Maximus VII Hero, you really don't want to waste more than $300 just to get a tiny tiny little bit better in performance over Z97

2. GTX 980 2-way-SLI, of course (unless you want to spend more on electricity bill and choose the AMD)

3. Just get a DDR3 16GB 1600MHz kit, remember clock speed on ram DOESN'T MAKE GAMES RUN SMOOTHER

You made my eyes open ! xD .... .. .. ... ... .. ... .. ........ ....... ..... ...... 

But here like i said before that im not really looking for saving some bucks ... i want maximum performance ....

yesterday night i  spent whole time at LinusTechTips ... and comparing the GPU 's 

what i found out was GTX 970 and GTX 980 are close enough ...

so i would want your advice on what to do now ? 3 way SLI 970's or 2 Way SLI 980's ?? or maybe 2Way970 or single 980 ?

You made my eyes open ! xD .... .. .. ... ... .. ... .. ........ ....... ..... ...... 

But here like i said before that im not really looking for saving some bucks ... i want maximum performance ....

yesterday night i  spent whole time at LinusTechTips ... and comparing the GPU 's 

what i found out was GTX 970 and GTX 980 are close enough ...

so i would want your advice on what to do now ? 3 way SLI 970's or 2 Way SLI 980's ?? or maybe 2Way970 or single 980 ?

Get the 980 option if you have money, people still get salty after than vram stuffs by 970

Scarlet KnightIntel Core i3 6100 || Antec A40 Pro CPU Cooler || MSI Z170A Gaming M5 || Kingston HyperX 16GB DDR4-2133MHz || Samsung 850 Evo 120GB || Seagate Barracuda 1TB || Gigabyte G1 Gaming R9 390X 8GB || Seasonic M12II 620W || In Win 503 || Corsair Strafe || Steelseries Kinzu V3 MSI Edition || Dell UltraSharp U2414H || Xiaomi Alumunium Mouse Pad (S)

#Gadget: 

Phone: BlackBerry Classic Q20, Samsung Galaxy Note 4 S-LTE SM-N916S

Console: PlayStation 4 500GB CUH-1206A

Tablet: iPad Air 2 16GB Wi-fi Only

Laptop: MSI GE62 (i7 4720HQ || 8GB DDR3 || NVIDIA GTX960M || Samsung 650 EVO 120GB + 1TB HDD)

In-ear Monitor: Xiaomi Piston 3.0

The only benefit of x99 IMO is the ability to run tri SLI due to the increased PCI express bandwidth.(16x16x8)

You simply cannot do this on Z97 platforms as SLI requires at least 8x PCI lane to run. (Third PCI express lane drops to 4x when third card is plugged in). You could see benefit here if you really want to smash 4k gaming.

(Note: Crossfire works in three card setup on Z97 as AMD cards only require 4x PCI to work)

You can run 3 way SLI on Z97 with a board that has a PLX chip. I wouldn't advise more than 2 cards anyway as you get diminishing returns.