Extend WiFI Range Question

Kaiokhen

Hello. Long time lurker but i guess is time that i need some input from you guys.

Currently i have a router + a modem which are upstairs in the second floor of my house. I am also using Power Line Adapter  just because i like the speed its coming from rather then wireless. Anyways i have a Asus router called ASUS RT-AC66U Dual-Band Wireless-AC1750 which its in the 2nd floor of my house.

I would like to extend the range and cause no drop of internet speed into the Basement, i was wondering if you guys have any product in particular that you recommend it will help. I was also planning to bring my Power Line Adapter into the basement so i can have hard wired internet just for the sake of having steady internet for my laptop or consoles but i also have other devices that would like to connect to the wireless network.

TLDR: Looking for a WiFI Range extender into basement without any sacrifices of performance and speed . Router and modem located in 2nd floor. 

Any time you 'extend' your wifi you are going to lose speed/performance. In fact if you were to have 10 wireless hosts and only one of them connects via the extender and all others connect to the main Access Point (in this case your AC66U). All 10 of the devices are going to take a performance hit. That is the nature of wireless radios my friend.