My first gaming PC

Hey guys,

It's absolutely official! I have completed my very first gaming PC. I have a laptop (AMD A8 @ 2.0 GHz w/ APU AMD Radeon R5 and 6 GB of ram), but it did not fit my graphics/fps needs. I have been upgrading an old desktop PC of mine. I had to replace the processor, cooler, PSU and I added a graphics card. After blood, sweat and tears (LITERALLY), I was finally able to get everything sorted. I'm going to post my specs and pictures below. I was able to get 200-300 fps on Minecraft, 45-60 fps on Borderlands 2 w/ medium/high settings and 70-90 fps w/ maxed out ultra settings on Saints Row: The Third. Feel free to comment and ask questions!

~Emily :)

Specs:
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 G0 Stepping @ 2.4 GHz
GPU: EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 SC 2 GB
Ram: 4 GB
Heatsink cooler: ARCTIC Freezer 7 Pro
PSU: EVGA 500W 80 plus

post-186483-0-97855600-1425437526.jpg

post-186483-0-13167400-1425437478_thumb.

post-186483-0-70362800-1425437557.jpg

post-186483-0-13167400-1425437478_thumb.

post-186483-0-97855600-1425437526.jpg

post-186483-0-70362800-1425437557.jpg

I think you may need another 4GB of ram.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

Please let me know what you think about your CPU cooler, im in a market as i hate this stock cooler :D

I think you may need another 4GB of ram.

Yeah, it's fine with the games I play for now, but I will definitely look into getting some more in the future. :)

Please let me know what you think about your CPU cooler, im in a market as i hate this stock cooler :D

It was quite a pain in the bum to install, especially if you have an old PC that has a back plate on your motherboard. But compared to the stock cooler that I did have on it; it's extremely worth it. If you have the time and patience, I would definitely recommend this cooler. It does its job.

It was quite a pain in the bum to install, especially if you have an old PC that has a back plate on your motherboard. But compared to the stock cooler that I did have on it; it's extremely worth it. If you have the time and patience, I would definitely recommend this cooler. It does its job.

Did u do any overclocking? And if so, what temps do u get under load?

Did u do any overclocking? And if so, what temps do u get under load?

No, I haven't done any overclocking for it. I did try out a stress test, and it only got to about 65 C. I have a really bad case, so I have to leave the side panel off and the cabinet door to my PC open at all times. After putting my graphics card in and everything, I watched my temps in game, and I never saw it go above 65 C or stay 65 C consistently.

No, I haven't done any overclocking for it. I did try out a stress test, and it only got to about 65 C. I have a really bad case, so I have to leave the side panel off and the cabinet door to my PC open at all times. After putting my graphics card in and everything, I watched my temps in game, and I never saw it go above 65 C or stay 65 C consistently.

Wow, not to bad temps.

snip

No OC on the cpu?

CPU: AMD FX-6300 4GHz @ 1.3 volts | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | RAM: 8GB DDR3

Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P | GPU: EVGA GTX 960 SSC | SSD: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO

HDD: 1TB WD Caviar Green | Case: Fractal Design Core 2500 | OS: Windows 10 Home

No OC on the cpu?

No, my case has really bad ventilation, and I'm not really confident to test that out yet.

No, my case has really bad ventilation, and I'm not really confident to test that out yet.

Gotcha

Very nice first build btw

CPU: AMD FX-6300 4GHz @ 1.3 volts | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | RAM: 8GB DDR3

Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P | GPU: EVGA GTX 960 SSC | SSD: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO

HDD: 1TB WD Caviar Green | Case: Fractal Design Core 2500 | OS: Windows 10 Home