Questions about Corrosion between Nickel, Copper and Brass and Distilled Water

First of all, I apologise if this is a repost. I am getting items together slowly and I now beginning to question myself on some parts choices. Yesterday, I ordered the GPU waterblocks. A pair of EK-FC780 TI DCU II Nickel Acetal blocks. (One from performance pcs and the other from EK as I could not find any in the UK) and I came across an investigation by EK themselves reporting corrosion with distilled water and nickel blocks. The nickel will be on the GPU blocks and possibly on the CPU blocks (could be Copper) and the fittings and SLI connectors are both brass. The radiators are Alphacool therefore full copper. I was planning to use distilled water, which you have to buy online in the UK, but EK came to the conclusion that distilled water on its own, with a silver kill coil or with Copper Sulphate. I was wondering if this had changed since this was conducted on a GTX 590 block in May 2012. I will link the investigation and I will grateful for any help as this is my first full water cooling loop. Everything but the GPU Blocks can be changed. 

http://www.ekwb.com/news/142/19/

if you'll note that alert was jan 2012. yes there were issues and many forums

were a rage over it all. some distributors left due to this issue. but by today's

technology it shouldn't be a thing now.

if i recollect, anything 680 and earlier were affected.

you should be safe enough with distilled/deionized water and an algae

biocide/kill coil.

Thanks, just wanted to check. Bit worrying to see something like that.

Thank you very much for that, it has put some of my worries at rest. Brilliant to here from EK and a moderator so quickly. Good to here confirmation. Thanks for everything.