Hi guys

All of a sudden after overclocking, when I turn on my PC from a shut down it boots up for 1 second then quickly shuts down and boots up again fine. I'm not sure what this is as I don't get any errors and the system runs lovely, even when stress testing. I'm unsure whether there is a issue which isn't report and I should be worried about. It even restarts as it should and the problem only occurs when turning on from a shut down. Is this my overclock do you think? My overclock is 4.7GHz on a 4790k. 

Thanks for reading my post. Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks

i would try decreasing the clock speed. if it boots at stock speed your OC is too high

i would try decreasing the clock speed. if it boots at stock speed your OC is too high

Definitely agree with that.

I have spent a lot of time overclocking my 4790k, and if it ever restarts on you then you gotta fix the settings. Try lowing your overclock by one multiplier or perhaps adjusting the processor power intake to  around 1.4v to keep it happy.

Guilty of building a PC that is more powerful than necessary... No ragrets.

Thanks for the advice guys =D. I work it out I found out that the problem above was my GPU overclock but I'm trying your suggestions with the CPU as I occasionally get code 64 with my CPU overclock even though it passes my aida64 and realbench stress tests.

Usually the twice booting is security measure by PSU. They do it after OC and always after cold boot (switch flipped to off or no cable). If this happens on every boot then there's something messing with power delivery. But usually its nothing to worry about unless you get boots under load.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Usually the twice booting is security measure by PSU. They do it after OC and always after cold boot (switch flipped to off or no cable). If this happens on every boot then there's something messing with power delivery. But usually its nothing to worry about unless you get boots under load.

Yes I have noticed it is mainly happens when I turn off my system via the plug on the wall and then come to start up. I also get it if I overclock in the bios and the system reboots to make the changes.

I thought it was with my GPU but its not it is when I overclock my CPU and GPU. It seems to happen manual and adaptive voltage. It even happens when I give the two more voltage than what I tested with. 

Can you suggest anything I could do to solve this? I'm glad its nothing to worry about. I don't get it under load and when booted the system works like a dream its just that first boot as mentioned.