Windows 7 install problems

mr_bungle

SO I'm having a problem installing windows 7 on to a new machine .Specs are  Z87-c  Asus motherboard , I5 4430 LGA1150, Ballistix 8G ram  Crucial "came free with motherboard" 700 G hard drive. 

So whats happening is I go through the whole set up to the part ware  it says its preparing for first start up after i set time, date and all that jazz  it goes into the starting for the first time and then shuts down and goes into a boot loop.  

Things I've try ed , It's not the hard drive cause i have plenty of drives and try ed swapping them out and come to the same conclusion. I swapped the ram with stuff that I know works  and that's not it ether . I've updated the bios and that did'nt work ether.  I'v built a lot of pc in the past and have never came across this problem. any help will be greatly appreciated .

yes. i'm starting to think the same thing . I burned it a few years ago but still in perfect condition but still old and used alot.. Going to track down a copy and try that. I have noticed now during the boot the red lights on the board down by the SATA chip set are whats hangin up the system. always gets stuck there and just wont boot. Might have to RMA the board .

Try burning Ubuntu on a CD and try booting from that first, which if still does not work means either theres a hardware problem somewhere, or your optical bay is bad.

PC in Profile

Yup my windows DvD was bad. Got it up and running . Only problem is twice now it didn't find the hard drive during a restart for windows up dates.  i"'m still updating windows and drivers. I'v read that Z87 has some issues with old SATA II  ssd's. Original problem solved tho so thank you RealCeareal

when it resets, take out the install disk or unplug the disk drive. It is booting back into the install disk because of your boot up settings. So just take out the disk

Yup my windows DvD was bad. Got it up and running . Only problem is twice now it didn't find the hard drive during a restart for windows up dates.  i"'m still updating windows and drivers. I'v read that Z87 has some issues with old SATA II  ssd's. Original problem solved tho so thank you RealCeareal

mark his as the best answer solved thingy.