First build plans, Will it work[improved]

Want to be at the very least be able to run bf3 30+ fps and run FTB smooth and also to be able to boot fast and i would like it to be fast in general.  I am going for a black and white build with white leds. i want to be able to run new games on medium or higher settings.  Most importantly 
I want it to be as clean as possible.

hard drive:

Western Digital WD Black WD1002FAEX 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive

ssd:

SAMSUNG 840 Pro Series MZ-7PD128BW 2.5" 128GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

cpu:

Intel Core i5-4670K Haswell 3.4GHz LGA 1150 84W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics BX80646I54670K

gpu:

EVGA 04G-P4-2766-KR GeForce GTX 760 4GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 SLI Support Video Card

psu:

Seasonic SS-660XP2 ATX 12V/EPS 12V, 660W, 80 PLUS PLATINUM Full Modular certified Active PFC Power Supply New 4th Gen CPU

memory:

CORSAIR Vengeance Pro 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CMY16GX3M2A1600C9 (Silver)

mobo:GIGABYTE GA-Z87X-UD5H LGA 1150 Intel Z87 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard with UEFI BIOS

cpu cooler:

CORSAIR Hydro Series H100i Water Cooler

case:

Fractal Define R4

sound card:

fans:2

ENERMAX TB SILENCE UCTB12 120mm Case Fan 

Peripherals:

Headphones:
Sony MDR-ZX100 ZX Series Headphones (White)

Mouse:
Mamba Elite Ergonomic Wireless Gaming Mouse - Razer USA

Mic:
Blue Microphones Snowball USB Microphone (Textured White)

Speakers:
Logitech Speaker System Z553 with 40 Watts RMS Power and 3 Device Inputs (980-000649)

Windows 8 System Builder OEM DVD 64-Bit

Monitor:
Acer H236HL bid 23-Inch Widescreen LCD Monitor

Key Board:
CM Storm QuickFire TK - Compact Mechanical Gaming Keyboard with CHERRY MX BROWN Switches and Fully LED Backlit

Lights:
NZXT CB-LED10-WT 1-Metre Light Sensitivity Sleeved LED Kit (White)

Edited by driftsfast

very nicely planned out, it should all work without issue though im not sure about the h100i in the fractal case, someone else will have to confirm that one as ive only ever stuffed an h80i in that case

You should probably get a more experienced opinion on this, because I'm just speculating, but...

Is it even worth getting a $30 dedicated sound card? Will that even be better than the integrated?

Also why are you going with a static pressure fan for you case fan? Why not go with air flow series if its for the case?

he mentioned that it was for the h100

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

Hey one quick thought, instead of getting a 4770K and a 760 get a 4670K($100 cheaper) and a 770($150 more). A 4770K is unnecessary because hyperthreading does nothing for gaming.

Doing this will cost a total of $50 more but the 770 is a great card.

I planned to get a 4770K as well, but then I was enlightened. Here's my build : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/31734-my-build1500/page-2#entry409547

System Specs - CPU: i7 4770K - RAM: 8GB(2x4GB) Vengeance Pro - Motherboard: Maximus VI Gene - Case: Modded PowerMac G5 - CPU Cooler: H100i - PSU: AX860i - SSD: Samsung 840 Series 120GB and Kingston V300 120GB - HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - Graphics Card: 2x GTX 780 - Case Fans: SP120s and Spectre 140s - Headphones: HD700, Alpha Dog, SE215

Sony A7R w/ Zeiss 55mm F1.8

Hey one quick thought, instead of getting a 4770K and a 760 get a 4670K($100 cheaper) and a 770($150 more). A 4770K is unnecessary because hyperthreading does nothing for gaming.

Doing this will cost a total of $50 more but the 770 is a great card.

I planned to get a 4770K as well, but then I was enlightened. Here's my build : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/31734-my-build1500/page-2#entry409547

was planning on getting a 770 but i wont play above 1080p and i dont like any of the designs of the 770 and for the i7 i am not sure having trouble deciding

You should probably get a more experienced opinion on this, because I'm just speculating, but...

Is it even worth getting a $30 dedicated sound card? Will that even be better than the integrated?

I think so the motherboard has a Realtech

was planning on getting a 770 but i wont play above 1080p and i dont like any of the designs of the 770 and for the i7 i am not sure having trouble deciding

Performance>Aesthetics, but I do wish the 770 had the Titan-style design.

Unless you are doing video editing and stuff the 4770K gives you nothing over the 4670K and the 4670K is ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS CHEAPER

System Specs - CPU: i7 4770K - RAM: 8GB(2x4GB) Vengeance Pro - Motherboard: Maximus VI Gene - Case: Modded PowerMac G5 - CPU Cooler: H100i - PSU: AX860i - SSD: Samsung 840 Series 120GB and Kingston V300 120GB - HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - Graphics Card: 2x GTX 780 - Case Fans: SP120s and Spectre 140s - Headphones: HD700, Alpha Dog, SE215

Oh I didn't see that, nvm. Also instead of corsiar you could go with noctuas if you don't mind the color.

I hate the color cant stand it and im going for a black and white build so i was going to put the white bands in

Unless you are doing video editing and stuff the 4770K gives you nothing over the 4670K and the 4670K is ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS CHEAPER

changed the i7 to i5 and there is a titan 770 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130939 it has the same design as the titan 

changed the i7 to i5 and is this legit http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130939 like it has the titan design but thought that was a reference design

Yes! I think it is legit. For some reason most companies don't use the titan cooler for the 770 even though it is the reference design, I don't know why though. Also, you should go with that card if you are stuck on the titan look, but if you would rather have more GDDR5 then you should go with this one: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125462. I find EVGA's graphics cards to be overpriced. Look at mine: https://secure.newegg.com/WishList/MySavedWishDetail.aspx?ID=30847508.

Yes! I think it is legit. For some reason most companies don't use the titan cooler for the 770 even though it is the reference design, I don't know why though. Also, you should go with that card if you are stuck on the titan look, but if you would rather have more GDDR5 then you should go with this one: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125462. I find EVGA's graphics cards to be overpriced.

yeah that was the first card i was going for but the only reason i would go with the evga one is because of the green lighting and the cooler is exposed to be really effective and really quiet under load

Yes! I think it is legit. For some reason most companies don't use the titan cooler for the 770 even though it is the reference design, I don't know why though. Also, you should go with that card if you are stuck on the titan look, but if you would rather have more GDDR5 then you should go with this one: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125462. I find EVGA's graphics cards to be overpriced. Look at mine: https://secure.newegg.com/WishList/MySavedWishDetail.aspx?ID=30847508.

and what are the advantages to more ram on the card

and what are the advantages to more ram on the card

Texture hungry games....om...nom..nom.....

But seriously, texture hungry games require more memory to load the drivers into. It helps mostly with higher resolutions, but I could see it also helping with future games that will be even more graphically intense. For instance, I'm getting the 4GB memory because I intend to do some multi-monitor gaming. I also intend to get another identical card later for 2-way sli.

Keep in mind: If you plan to get another card in the future, SLI requires the same memory on the 2/3/4 cards and that they be the same card(you can't SLI a 770 and a 780). E.g. You could not use a 2GB 770 and a 4GB 770.

Texture hungry games....om...nom..nom.....

But seriously, texture hungry games require more memory to load the drivers into. It helps mostly with higher resolutions, but I could see it also helping with future games that will be even more graphically intense. For instance, I'm getting the 4GB memory because I intend to do some multi-monitor gaming. I also intend to get another identical card later for 2-way sli.

Keep in mind: If you plan to get another card in the future, SLI requires the same memory on the 2/3/4 cards and that they be the same card(you can't SLI a 770 and a 780). E.g. You could not use a 2GB 770 and a 4GB 770.

ok, going with gigabyte wind force 4gb and i5 you convinced me to now will that run ac3 on high settings

ok, going with gigabyte wind force 4gb and i5 you convinced me to now will that run ac3 on high settings

It should probably run Ac3 on the highest settings(single monitor) at a little bit less than 60 fps average, but you could turn down the settings just a little but for even better performance. It is hard to tell though as most big youtubers don't use Ac3 as a benchmark.

It should probably run Ac3 on the highest settings(single monitor) at a little bit less than 60 fps average, but you could turn down the settings just a little but for even better performance. It is hard to tell though as most big youtubers don't use Ac3 as a benchmark.

Ok, would not mind 40 fps and i changed my post to the new setup, thanks for your help

Ok, would not mind 40 fps and i changed my post to the new setup, thanks for your help

No problem, it was so funny to me when I saw your build because it was almost exactly the same as fine when I initially put it on the forum, but then this guy named Vitalius made some awesome suggestions that really improved my build. Just trying to pay it forward. And by the way, what is your favorite Assassin's Creed game? Mine is AC2

It can have the titan design.

You just have to pay extra.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130939

It can have the titan design.

You just have to pay extra.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130939

Yeah I saw that

No problem, it was so funny to me when I saw your build because it was almost exactly the same as fine when I initially put it on the forum, but then this guy named Vitalius made some awesome suggestions that really improved my build. Just trying to pay it forward. And by the way, what is your favorite Assassin's Creed game? Mine is AC2

ac3 or revalations

might do a gtx 760 in sli because it beats a single titan by 8%