HTPC/NAS

ace101.

Why would you need a video card in the first place (get a motherboard with onboard video)? The other parts you picked are way too high end as well, you can save a lot of money by building something more modest if you're just going to use it as a storage/htpc. You can run all those things fine with an i3 and 8gb of ram. To give you a comparison I have an Asustor NAS and it runs fine with a 2.13ghz atom and 1GB of ram and if you really tried you could set up a nas with a raspberry pi (freenas will need 8gb ram minimum though).

CPU I7 - 4720HQ RAM 2 x 8GB • GPU Nvidia GTX 850M Storage 250GB 850 EVO - 1TB Seagate Hybrid
Keyboard CM Storm QuickFire Rapid-I (MX brown) & Pok3r (MX clear) • Mouse Logitech G502 • Sound Audio-Technica ATH-M50X • OS Windows 10 Pro - Linux Arch 
Storage Asustor AS7004T

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/ace101/saved/#view=YMVH99

Is this specs enough for a HTPC/NAS build? Still not decided if I were to use FreeNAS if I were to make it as a NAS Server only. But for a HTPC(Plex)/Storage PC, is this specs enough or I still need a better video card or do I need to change anything?

Any thoughts?

Save some money and get a G3258. You don't need anywhere near the 4790K for a HTPC/NAS. The video card that is there will be more than good.

My arsenal: i7-9700k Gaming Rig, an iPhone, and Stupidity.

The specs are incredibly overkill. For a storage server you most certainly don't need a video card, the CPU is way overkill, an i3 will perfectly suffice, or even a nice pentium. 16GB is nice, but not entirely necessary, you can get away with 8GB on freenas. You also won't be needing to spend so much money on a z-series motherboard. Stick with 1600mhz ram as you won't see any benefit from faster in the server. And what do you intend on using the SSD for? Freenas runs off of a flash drive. If you were to use it as a cache, then it's far too large and un necessary. Also, I'd say get at least 3 drives and go with a RAIDZ, or better yet, 4 drives for a RAIDZ2 .

CPU i5 4430 3Ghz | Ram: 16GB DDR3 1600 | GPU: GTX 650 Ti 1GB | Mobo: H87N-Wifi | Case: White Bitfenix Prodigy | Boot Drive: 120GB 840 Evo (Mac OS X) 120gb OCZ Vertex 3 (Windows) | Games Drive: 640GB WD Green | OS: Windows 8 & OS X 10.9.1

I love all technology. The perfection of macs for my designer side, and the hardware and fun of tinkering on the of the pc side. We can have it all, just not at the same time.