MSI GTX 760 vs Sapphire VaporX 7950 at STOCK

I'm doubting between the cards for my ITX build, I'm not going to overclock because the heat will just accumulate in the small case and wont be good for the components.

Techpowerup claims that the MSI 760 is 11% better in performance than the 7950 (for gaming). Is there anyone with experience of both cards, or any of them?

Please help me out

Thanks in advance,

Pruxis

I'm doubting between the cards for my ITX build, I'm not going to overclock because the heat will just accumulate in the small case and wont be good for the components.

Techpowerup claims that the MSI 760 is 11% better in performance than the 7950 (for gaming). Is there anyone with experience of both cards, or any of them?

Please help me out

Thanks in advance,

Pruxis

The 760 is better at standard clocks however the 7950 is basically made for overclocking and once overclocked it will mostly beat the 760. Get a 7950, im sure that about 8-% of people here would recommend getting that. 

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I don't have experience with the cards but a lot of reviews show that at stock the 760 is faster. Hope this helps anyway.

The 760 is better at standard clocks however the 7950 is basically made for overclocking and once overclocked it will mostly beat the 760. Get a 7950, im sure that about 8-% of people here would recommend getting that. 

I don't feel confident with overclocking in an ITX case. (Bitfenix Prodigy)

I don't feel confident with overclocking in an ITX case. (Bitfenix Prodigy)

Well then get a gtx 760. Furthermore do you want the 4 games that you would get if you got a 7950. Thats also something that you should think about as well.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Well then get a gtx 760. Furthermore do you want the 4 games that you would get if you got a 7950. Thats also something that you should think about as well.

I care more about performance than I do about freebies, but would the difference be big at big stocks between the cards?

Because the GTX 760 is still cheaper than the 7950 even though it was created to overclock.

Well from what I've seen those two cards are very similar at stock clocks but of course 760 is better in nvida optimized games (FC3, Bf3...) and 7950 in Amd ones (Hitman, Dirt...). I would pick the one that is cheaper or if they are similarly priced I would go with 7950 because of the free games.

I don't think you should be worry about 7950 temperature that much even when overclocked, Vapor-X cooler is awesome.

HD7950 Vapor-X

L5z48um.jpg

MSI GTX 760 OC@1155

5HNq2Ik.jpg

Sauce: MSI GeForce GTX 760 2GB Twin Frozr Gaming OC Overclocked Video Card Review

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

7950 Vapor-X is my vote  ^_^  (this be a cool poll)

But even considering the lower price of the GTX 760 (which is 50 bucks cheaper over here than the 7950) is it still worth it paying the extra for the 7950?

I'd overclock as less as possable due the fact that the form factor of my build is extremely tiny and the components are all very close to eachother.

I have seen either pro GTX 760 reviews and pro 7950's. I really have no clue what to do.

Flip a coin.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |