contemplation of new idea.. 

from this

wn8g.jpg

to this?

xbwz.jpg

comments?

airdeano

Where's your psu gonna go?

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

I see a ax860 in the back on the second picture... I don't know where it is mounted though...

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

you should paint the wood it'll look alot better

CPU: i7 4770k | Mobo: Gigabyte z87x UD3H | GPU: Galaxy GTX 780 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600mhz | Storage: 120GBSamsung 840 + Seagate Barracuda 1TB | Case: Xigmatek Talon | PSU: Corsair TX650m

How are the bottom 2 fans going to get air if the wood is on top of the fans? Try to put 2 white fans on top and 2 red fans on the bottom.

The 2 bottom fans are pushing air towards the wood - doesn't seem perfect but way better than pulling air from the wood

The only thing you changed was the metal, right? It looks like you can remount it any time so I'd add tubing/coolant before deciding. Or at least tell us the colour of those so we can imagine the colour contrast between your reservoirs and the metal/radiator.

Doesn't Caselabs have a mounting plate for the accessory mount?

I think you should get a second accessory mounting bar and make a plate to bolt across both for the pumps and reservoirs. That's assuming Caselabs doesn't have one big enough for both.

I think you should give them a call or email them and ask them what they have to accommodate you. It just doesn't seem good to have a block of wood sitting on your radiator. I imagine the heat is going to get trapped inside and completely destroy your temps.

Where's your psu gonna go?

I see a ax860 in the back on the second picture... I don't know where it is mounted though...

attach PSU to the back wall with the remote PSU kit will need 30mm space under

PSU to allow cable/SATA pass-through

How are the bottom 2 fans going to get air if the wood is on top of the fans? Try to put 2 white fans on top and 2 red fans on the bottom.

LOL. yeah, wood is only a spacer/flat surface. it will not remain in the build.

The 2 bottom fans are pushing air towards the wood - doesn't seem perfect but way better than pulling air from the wood

The only thing you changed was the metal, right? It looks like you can remount it any time so I'd add tubing/coolant before deciding. Or at least tell us the colour of those so we can imagine the colour contrast between your reservoirs and the metal/radiator.

the idea was adding a third radiator 240x 60 in the front. relocate the PSU behind

dual reservoirs.

airdeano

Doesn't Caselabs have a mounting plate for the accessory mount?

I think you should get a second accessory mounting bar and make a plate to bolt across both for the pumps and reservoirs. That's assuming Caselabs doesn't have one big enough for both.

I think you should give them a call or email them and ask them what they have to accommodate you. It just doesn't seem good to have a block of wood sitting on your radiator. I imagine the heat is going to get trapped inside and completely destroy your temps.

yes, they have a crossbar kit, but not a fan, like in the second photo, removing the

PSU support bar opens the case space up.

this setup will have 6 intake fans and 4 exhaust fans and depending on "pressure"

i can add a rear intake/exhaust fan on the rear i/o.

airdeano

yes, they have a crossbar kit, but not a fan, like in the second photo, removing the

PSU support bar opens the case space up.

this setup will have 6 intake fans and 4 exhaust fans and depending on "pressure"

i can add a rear intake/exhaust fan on the rear i/o.

airdeano

I think you should make a backplate to mount the pumps and reservoirs. I saw Singularity Computers do it in one of their builds and it looks awesome. I think he was using the same exact pump and reservoirs as you.

I think you should make a backplate to mount the pumps and reservoirs. I saw Singularity Computers do it in one of their builds and it looks awesome. I think he was using the same exact pump and reservoirs as you.

You can buy these: http://www.frozencpu.com/products/8797/ex-pmp-79/UNDesigns_Z2_Pump_Bracket_-_120mm_Fan_Mount.html?id=4Jtz5MGX&mv_pc=696 and mount it on your bottom rad, and you screw your default pump mounts on the bracket, then you dont have to worry about anything coming loose.

You can buy these: http://www.frozencpu.com/products/8797/ex-pmp-79/UNDesigns_Z2_Pump_Bracket_-_120mm_Fan_Mount.html?id=4Jtz5MGX&mv_pc=696 and mount it on your bottom rad, and you screw your default pump mounts on the bracket, then you dont have to worry about anything coming loose.

Very smart idea! I might have to buy some if I redo my loop and get rid of my hellish reservoir!

was thinking along the same lines. a combo mount system for PSU and res/pumps

anchored at the lower rad (wood block). and profile it as not to obstruct air-flow into

the case.

Very smart idea! I might have to buy some if I redo my loop and get rid of my hellish reservoir!

i've got these for res/pump mounts if mounted close enough:

ex-rad-318.jpg

airdeano