Closed-Loop CPU Watercooling

ashwon

Which is the best configuration for the installation of a closed-loop CPU cooler? I understand that you can put it as single fan intake, single fan exhaust, dual fan intake or dual fan exhaust. But which configuration yields overall better performance? Which brings about lower CPU temperatures?

P.S. Forgive me if I sound amateur, it's because I really am. I am going to build my PC soon and I need help :)

Always exhaust. Dual rads are better because more surface area.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Which is the best configuration for the installation of a closed-loop CPU cooler? I understand that you can put it as single fan intake, single fan exhaust, dual fan intake or dual fan exhaust. But which configuration yields overall better performance? Which brings about lower CPU temperatures?

P.S. Forgive me if I sound amateur, it's because I really am. I am going to build my PC soon and I need help :)

If you rad your intake it'll heat up all your internal components so it is best to exhaust the rad, if not you're adding the heat to GPU, and othe sensitive components that are trying to dissipate heat.

If you rad your intake it'll heat up all your internal components so it is best to exhaust the rad, if not you're adding the heat to GPU, and othe sensitive components that are trying to dissipate heat.

That depends entirely on how your airflow is set up. Put it at the top as intake and have a near by exhaust (at same heigh level) and it wont heat anything up, also the hot air won't be directed at the gpu's so if you have a fresh source for them you are all good.

But I agree, its an inefficent way to do things.

In most setups I would reccomend putting intake fans at the front of your case and your rad at the back of your case an exaust. I reccomend an exaust position because if you use your rad as an intake it will heat the rest of your components. If you have a single rad, place it in the very back of your case, for a dual i'd place it on the top. Also, for the best performance buy An extra set of fans (becides the ones it comes with) and put them in a push pull format if your case has the space.

"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party."

-Ron White