Will it work?

MrGamma195

I've built online what do you guys think?

AMD fx-8350 8-core black edition

Gigabyte r9-270x graphics card

Corsair Vengeance 8 gig 1600mhz ddr3 kit

WD Blue 1 terabyte

Antec vp-450 450 watt

Corsair carbide series black 400r Mid tower

Gigabyte AM3+ AMD 970 SATA 6Gbps USB 3.0 ATX DDR3 1600 Motherboard

Nothing's wrong with it.

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

Don't get an FX-chip....

IMHO don't get an FX processor, go with a similiar priced i3/i5 and you will be so much happier with performance.

My Main PC:

CPUi5 3570k CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper T4 Motherboard: Asus p8z77-v pro  RAM: Crucial Balistic 2x4gb  GPU: Two PNY GTX 680's in SLI Case: Some rando Antec one  PSU: Thermaltake 1000w  Display: HP Elite Display 321i 23''  Storage: Samsung 840 Evo 128gb, Seagate Barracuda 1tb

Don't get an FX-chip....

Whats wrong with fx chip I've seen some bench marks that tek syndicate did that were pretty close to 3 top grade intel chips 

I would get more powerful psu if you want ocing, but otherwise its all compatible 

PC: Corsair C70 Arctic, FX 9370, Corsair H80i, Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3, Corsair Vengence 16gb, Palit JetStream GTX 970, OCZ Vertex 4 128gb and Western Digital Blue 1Tb + 500gb, Antec Gamer 520w

Peripherals: Logitech G19 and SteelSeries Sensei RAW

Toshiba L50-A: i7 4700mq, 8gb, 1TB HDD, GT 740M 2gb

IMHO don't get an FX processor, go with a similiar priced i3/i5 and you will be so much happier with performance.

It's up to you, intel's got stronger single core performance. AMD's the opposite, they've got weaker single core performance but with more cores.

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

WD Blue 1 terabyte

Antec vp-450 450 watt

Absolutely nothing wrong with it, I'd change some things though.

Seasonic makes better PSU's in my experiences. Something like this:

http://tweakers.net/pricewatch/353353/seasonic-s12g-450w/reviews/

I wouldn't get an FX-chip. I have one myself. I built a friend a PC with an i5-4460 and it straight out-performed my fx-8350 in every game. Overall smoother experience. Wait on Zen if you want AMD, I think that'll be worth your money.

I have a Corsair Carbide 500r myself. While it's a good case, it's not worth it's price compared to something like an NZXT H440. I'd rather have 60$ NZXT S340 over my 500R at this point, it's just built more properly.

I don't know how the 400R fares, but I'd put a little more attention to the PSU, CPU and the Case ;)

Absolutely nothing wrong with it.

Although Seasonic makes better PSU's in my experiences. Something like this?

http://tweakers.net/pricewatch/353353/seasonic-s12g-450w/reviews/

I have a Corsair Carbide 500r myself. While it's a good case, it's not worth it's price compared to something like an NZXT H440.

I'd rather have 60$ NZXT S340 over my 500R, it's just built properly.

I don't know how the 400R fares, but I'd put a little more attention to the PSU and the Case ;)

i dont think ill oc it since it runs at 4ghz stock which is more than enough to run arma or witcher, could you give me a link to the nzxht h440?

If you're looking to upgrade in future, then FX is not the best option. I really doubt AMD will release anything more decent than the 8350 (PS the 9x series is just an OC'ed version).

With Haswell CPU's the story is different. You can now buy an i3/i5 and in future if you want to upgrade you have plenty of options.

That said, both FX and haswell chips are not bad CPU's by any means.. It's just how you want to make the investment..

If you're looking to upgrade in future, then FX is not the best option. I really doubt AMD will release anything more decent than the 8350 (PS the 9x series is just an OC'ed version).

With Haswell CPU's the story is different. You can now buy an i3/i5 and in future if you want to upgrade you have plenty of options.

That said, both FX and haswell chips are not bad CPU's by any means.. It's just how you want to make the investment..

That FX CPU might be a better value though, but when it comes to upgrading.... Yeah, it's not the best option....

PC Specs

Indonesia

Australia 

amd works best for me now because its cheaper than intel and i tend to do alot at once so the multiple cores are good , i dont really see a need to upgrade unless something breaks then id pretty much have to

amd works best for me now because its cheaper than intel and i tend to do alot at once so the multiple cores are good , i dont really see a need to upgrade unless something breaks then id pretty much have to

Then get intel....mostly you need more RAM if anything for having tons of things open..

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

snip

Also here are some graphs...showing how much powerful intel is compared to AMD

acu_n_1280.png

Different sources? Sure.

http--www.gamegpu.ru-images-stories-Test

Assassins-Creed-IV-cpu-benchmarks.jpg

KAVERI-APU-63.jpg

KAVERI-APU-67.jpg

56759.png

56765.png

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

WD Blue 1 terabyte

Antec vp-450 450 watt

Also what is your budget ???

Also here are some graphs...showing how much powerful intel is compared to AMD

acu_n_1280.png

Different sources? Sure.

Assassins-Creed-IV-cpu-benchmarks.jpg

KAVERI-APU-63.jpg

KAVERI-APU-67.jpg

56759.png

56765.png

these are really good examples of amd over intel while intel does overpower amd 9 times out of 10 i'd still like to stick with amd due to the fact they cost less than intel and when ever mantel starts getting used more widely amd could easily match intel

these are really good examples of amd over intel while intel does overpower amd 9 times out of 10 i'd still like to stick with amd due to the fact they cost less than intel and when ever mantel starts getting used more widely amd could easily match intel

ok I guess....but whatever your money being wasted..

ok I guess....but whatever your money being wasted..

i dont really count it as a waste i didnt see your other post about my budget im trying to keep it under 1000$ right now as it its a little over 600$ I do know for a fact that intel is more powerful than amd which is what your graphs show me the only reason i went with amd to begin with is due to the fact that they cost less than intel

i dont really count it as a waste i didnt see your other post about my budget im trying to keep it under 1000$ right now as it its a little over 600$ I do know for a fact that intel is more powerful than amd which is what your graphs show me the only reason i went with amd to begin with is due to the fact that they cost less than intel

I can help you make a great build for 1000$ and stay under.....do you need a OS ? Monitor and etc ?

I can help you make a great build for 1000$ and stay under.....do you need a OS ? Monitor and etc ?

windows 10 is coming out soon and itll be free so ill be able to get a copy of that and I've got plenty of monitiers thanks for helping :)