Good chair?

Amit Moryossef

Hey guys,

Im sitting on my chair about 14 hours a day, and I wondered if you know any good chair for sitting this period of time.

I live in Israel so please suggest as much as you can for the fact not all of US/EU models are here.

Thanks in advance

EDIT:

Max budjet: 400$

There isn't a perfect chair for sitting at computer, a nice office chair will do. Not a cheap one, obviously.

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

As gabrelcarvfer mentioned, the Herman Miller "Aeron" is probably the best chair for people who sit 8+ hours a day.  But those chairs can be very expensive.  If you need to go with something less exepensive, I would recommend a mesh chair (not leather or faux leather)  with lower back support. 

The problem with a lot of "executive" marketed chairs, is that they focus on the aesthetics and not comfort.  You're going to want something that breathes.  In my experience, the price doesn't really indicate how ergonomic a chair is going to be, once you reach the $150 USD mark.

Another problem is that you need to sit in them first.  And even then, who assembles the chair?  If you have to do it yourself, it might not be up to par with the floor model. 

Pretty expensive but probably the best that you can get, Aeron Chair from Herman Miller. Super comfortable, lots of adjustments, they have different sizes for different height and weight.

Please don't judge me, but for 800$ Ill destroy my back and get 2 GTX 980 on sale..

Please don't judge me, but for 800$ Ill destroy my back and get 2 GTX 980 on sale..

I think you should tell us your max budget.

You can check Herman Miller Mirra, Celle and Sayl prices. They aren't as good as Aeron, but still much better than most competitors.

I recommended the Aeron because since I started using it, never had back, neck and knee pain again.

I had tendinitis in my arms frequently, caused by the armrest that pressed against the nerves, and the Aeron large and adjustable armrest helped a lot.

Thank you for your help!

On theyre main website, the Celle is 560$, and the Mirra is 630$. Both were good first impression, but after israeli taxes its just gonna blow up to something like 1000-1200$.. thanks again.

Was going to suggest a GT Omega racing chair but it seems they don't deliver to Israel it seems, but you might find a local seller 

Cry Havoc!