Friend needs a new GPU

winningsince1337

A friend of mine has an HP pre-built with with a 3000 series i7, 8gb of RAM, 350w PSU, and some crappy gpu that can't run games well. He has a budget of $150. Another friend of mine has a 650ti he doesn't use which could be a possible free upgrade. According to the side of the PSU, it supports 19A on the 12v rail. All suggestions welcome, thanks in advance!

CPU: Intel i7 4770k w/Noctua NH-D15, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 Ultra Durable, RAM: Patriot 8Gb 1600Mhz (2x4Gb), GPU: MSI R9 390x Gaming,

SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 1Tb, HDD: Caviar Black 1Tb, Seagate 4Tb Hybrid, Case: Fractal Design Define R4, PSU: Antec Earthwatts 750w 

Phone: LG G2 32Gb Black (Verizon) Laptop: Fujitsu Lifebook E754 w/ 1TB Samsung 840 Evo SSD Vehicle: 2012 Nissan Xterra named Rocky

http://www.amazon.co...keywords=750 ti   This is under the budget and I assume you are from USA as it says your location it also shouldnt use too much of your power

Depending on the power draw of the i7 it should be able to be used with the psu. 650ti has too much power draw i think.

(REPOSTED TO RIGHT POST SINCE YOU DELETED OTHER ONE)

A friend of mine has an HP pre-built with with a 3000 series i7, 8gb of RAM, 350w PSU, and some crappy gpu that can't run games well. He has a budget of $150. Another friend of mine has a 650ti he doesn't use which could be a possible free upgrade. According to the side of the PSU, it supports 19A on the 12v rail. All suggestions welcome, thanks in advance!

is that a slim case? just because of the 350w psu...

im going the 750 ti / 950 (to be released)..just in the 60w range

but you have an i7, so gpu can be better if budget allows it

I have a 750 ti it works great and everything i have it running at 30°C, consumes no power and works fine but i wish i could have just spent a little bit more maybe like a GTX 960?

r9 270/270x

Want a good game to play?  Check out Shadowrun: http://store.steampowered.com/app/300550/ (runs on literally any hardware)

another 12 core / 24 thread senpai...     (/. _ .)/     \(. _ .\)