Zoe - mATX Haswell & 780 build!

RaXzeD

So, I finally got enough money to build my first computer, and yeah, this is what happened. I decided to go with mATX because, well, I just love Corsair's cases, and I fell in love with the 350D as soon as I saw Linus unbox it. I knew I wanted to go with a green color scheme, because, that's simply my color. 

Aaaaand, just a quick note about the name.. Zoe has been a name that has always stuck with me. From the days of SSX on the old Xbox. Yeah, the perfect name for my little baby Cx

*I just noticed that there was another build called ZOE. I did not know that when I came up with the name, I just randomly went through topics on the forum, and it had been on Build logs of the week*

Case - Corsair Obsidian 350D

CPU - Intel Core I7 4770K (not overclocked yet)

Cooler - Corsair H100i (Stock fans at the moment)

MOBO - Gigabyte G1 Sniper M5

RAM - Corsair Dominator Platinum 16 Gigs

PSU - Corsair AX 760i (Individually sleeved cables too)

GPU - Gainward Geforce GTX 780

SSD - Samsung 840 PRO

HDD - WD Green 3 TB

Lighting - NZXT Sleeved LED Kit

Photo2013-07-01141022.jpg

2 Things I'm going to point out about this picture. Firstly, I decided to mount the radiator to the right because I just love the look, but the 5.25" bays are kind of in the way, which makes it look a little bit dodgy. Also, I've tried to remove the Corsair logo on the PSU, but there's still adhesive on it. The red logo just wouldn't fit with the build.

Photo2013-07-01141045.jpg

Picture of that 780. I'm pretty happy with how the cables look in the front (not in the back though, haha) The LED strip doesn't look too great as it is right now though.

Photo2013-07-01141117.jpg

The system powered on. The thing I dislike about the motherboard is the diagnostics LED. The red light doesn't fit in, and it annoys me... Haha, I haven't checked in the bios if you're able to turn it off, but yeah.

Also, I'm not a great photographer, therefore the mediocre image quality.

Photo2013-07-01141207.jpg

Closeup on the system powered on. Here you can really see that LED I was talking about..

Photo2013-07-01074359.jpg

Aaaand the last one, with the side panel on. One thing to note, the 8-pin is a bit more messy because the picture was taken before I tidied it up :P

She's going to be tidied up even more. Better cable management and new fans are on the list. Not really important at the moment though.

This is POWERRRRRR! :D
Very nice build, but leds dont show well :7

This is POWERRRRRR! :D

Very nice build, but leds dont show well :7

:D Thank you! I know, they might not have been placed properly, or it's the fact that I had them on the lowest brightness without even knowing it.. xD

Next time heat the sticker up with a heatgun or something before pulling it off

Alright, thanks for the tip!

use rubbing alcohol when peeling the sticker out.

SSX Tricky, easily one of the best games ever made. ;)

Anyways, yeah, sweet build!  The mobo, RAM, and GPU all work together so well.  Any particular reason you didn't go all green on the cables?  The white does look pretty good, though.

And yeah, some isopropyl alcohol will get that adhesive right off.  I mean it won't be instant but it'll come off.

Intel Core i7-7700K | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW | ASUS ROG Strix Z270G Gaming | 32GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200 | Corsair AX860i

Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 3 Samsung 950 Pro 256GB | Samsung 850 Evo 1TB | EKWB Custom Loop | Noctua NF-F12(x4)/NF-A14 LTT Special Edition

Dell S2716DGR | Corsair K95 RGB Platinum (Cherry MX Brown) | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | FiiO E17 DAC/Amp | Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro

SSX Tricky, easily one of the best games ever made. ;)

Anyways, yeah, sweet build!  The mobo, RAM, and GPU all work together so well.  Any particular reason you didn't go all green on the cables?  The white does look pretty good, though.

And yeah, some isopropyl alcohol will get that adhesive right off.  I mean it won't be instant but it'll come off.

Haha, I remember SSX On Tour :P 

To be honest, it wasn't my choice to go with white cables.. The company I ordered most of the stuff from sent me white cables instead of green, and I couldn't be bothered to send them back.. Haha, I liked how it looked so I kept it.

I'll get on the isopropyl alcohol later then! Thank you :D

use rubbing alcohol when peeling the sticker out.

Thanks!

Led's are not so bright , i suggest buying some Sharkoon CCFL green's , they are really awesome and bright (u can check my build log in singature)

6600K  |  16GB HYPERX  |  GTX1070 FE  |  Z170X-UD3  |  AIR540

Respect the past, Embrace the future.

Led's are not so bright , i suggest buying some Sharkoon CCFL green's , they are really awesome and bright (u can check my build log in singature)

They were on the lowest setting when I took the pictures, and that's how I like them, but thanks for the suggestion :)

Nice! To get the adhesive off you can get a bottle of "Goo Gone". It works really well, you only need a little bit to get all that off of there. And it smells like oranges! :p

I have a laptop that sucks because I'm broke.

Food oil is very effective on removing adhesive :P

Corsair 350d | Asus Maximus VI Gene | Intel Core i7 4770k | Corsair h100i | Reference GTX 780 | Corsair AX760i | WD 1tb green | Samsung 840 pro 256gb

Nice! To get the adhesive off you can get a bottle of "Goo Gone". It works really well, you only need a little bit to get all that off of there. And it smells like oranges! :P

Food oil is very effective on removing adhesive :P

Haha, thank you guys! :D Never heard of Goo Gone, I don't think we have that in Sweden :P

A good clean build. Well done.

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

This is exactly the build I imagined I'd do in the 350D, lovely. 

Those cables are awesome, hardly ever see builds with green sleeving. Nice job.

"Everybody wants a happy ending, right? But it doesn’t always roll that way." - TS

Every single part in this Rig is exactly the same as mine... I LOVE IT!

Hahaha :D Awesome!

A good clean build. Well done.

Thank you! 

This is exactly the build I imagined I'd do in the 350D, lovely. 

:) 

Those cables are awesome, hardly ever see builds with green sleeving. Nice job.

It's Corsair's Sleeved cables, so I didn't do much work with them. Haha. Green is my favorite color, so it made sense to do it! :)

I'm really jealous

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

I'm really jealous

:L Sorry guy!

:L Sorry guy!

No problem, svenskjävel.

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

I do believe this the 1st time I've seen 2 different colored sets of the Corsair sleeved cables in one build. Overall, this is pure awesome! Nice work!

I love it, good things do come in small packages :P

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

No problem, svenskjävel.

Lol xD

I do believe this the 1st time I've seen 2 different colored sets of the Corsair sleeved cables in one build. Overall, this is pure awesome! Nice work!

Thank you! :D

I love it, good things to come in small packages :P

Indeed :P

Looks really awesome i like the white n the green