Anyone own a galaxy note 10.1?

creativename

I have an iPad Air (1st gen) and I was planning to sell it to buy a different tablet

The iPad just doesn't do what I want it to.

The wifi antenna is weak(it has a hardtime loading youtube videos, its not my internet i get 60mbps down, and my other wifi devices have no problem loading youtube videos)

I always avoided android tablets, but  I have been using a note 3 for over a year, and I have never experienced any lag on it. So I was considering the note 10.1, but I don't really know if it starts to get laggy after a while. 

So anyone who owns the note 10.1, can I get some feedback? Or anyone else who has different suggestions? I'm only looking for 10inch class tablets, anything smaller is way too small for a tablet, you might as well use a smart phone.

CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k | Mootherboard: ASUS P8z68v-Pro | GPU: EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | RAM: Kingston HyperX Genesis 8GB (4GBx2) 1600mhz | PSU: Corsair AX760 | STORAGE: Samsung 840 Pro 512GB | COOLER: Noctua NH-C14 | CASE: Fractal Design Define R4 Pearl Black | Operating SystemWindows 7 Professional 64-bit |

I have the 8.1 (spec-wise I believe it's the same), and I haven't noticed any lag issues. My only complaint is that the battery lasts like three hours when writing with the S-Pen at 60% brightness with wifi on. Although, that could be because it was a refurb. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

I have an iPad Air (1st gen) and I was planning to sell it to buy a different tablet

The wifi antenna is weak(it has a hardtime loading youtube videos, its not my internet i get 60mbps down, and my other wifi devices have no problem loading youtube videos)

I always avoided android tablets, but  I have been using a note 3 for over a year, and I have never experienced any lag on it. So I was considering the note 10.1, but I don't really know if it starts to get laggy after a while. 

So anyone who owns the note 10.1, can I get some feedback? Or anyone else who has different suggestions? I'm only looking for 10inch class tablets, anything smaller is way too small for a tablet, you might as well use a smart phone.

my aunt has the note 10.1 and she loves it. I've looked at one and the thing that blew my mind was the display. after using a OLED phone I can't go back and it looked beautiful.

my aunt has the note 10.1 and she loves it. I've looked at one and the thing that blew my mind was the display. after using a OLED phone I can't go back and it looked beautiful.

I have a note 3 so I know the  beauty of AMOLED displays, I was more focused on knowing how snappy it has after several months of use, alot of tablets slow down after several months.

CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k | Mootherboard: ASUS P8z68v-Pro | GPU: EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | RAM: Kingston HyperX Genesis 8GB (4GBx2) 1600mhz | PSU: Corsair AX760 | STORAGE: Samsung 840 Pro 512GB | COOLER: Noctua NH-C14 | CASE: Fractal Design Define R4 Pearl Black | Operating SystemWindows 7 Professional 64-bit |

I have a note 3 so I know the  beauty of AMOLED displays, I was more focused on knowing how snappy it has after several months of use, alot of tablets slow down after several months.

I honestly couldn't tell you. I wipe and Re-ROM my phone every few months anyways so I've never had an android device to sit around long enough.

considering it has 3GB of RAM and a bigLITTLE Octa core CPU, it should maintain it's snappiness similarly to how your phone has.

FYI the bigLITTLE arrangement is 4 low power in-order-execution cores and 4 high performance out of order execution cores.

Based on this review, you'll see a performance degradation switching to the Note 10.1 although, it'll be able to keep more apps open in the background due to the higher amount of ram. Also take note of the different aspect ratio of the Note 10.1, for general web browsing and typing, the iPad's 4:3 or Surface Pro 3's 3:2 aspect ratio is better. One reason that your iPad might be expecting poorer than usual wifi range is that it might be connecting to the 5ghz network instead of the 2.4ghz network or you have something obstructing the plastic piece on the back of the iPad. If your iPad is still under warranty, I would take it into the Apple store for a replacement or for it to be fixed. You can also try the usual resetting network settings or restoring the entire iPad as well as running the latest version of iOS. Although I don't believe you'll end up with a good value, you can look at the Nexus 9, even though it's smaller than your desired size. Alternatively, you can take a look at the Nokia N1.

Have you tried factory reset on your iPad Air? I am pretty sure it will fix the issues.

I have an iPad Air, and I never had the issues you had.

Of course, I also bought Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition - 32GB - Black to replace my iPad Air for handwritten note taking purpose with the stylus. It is a decent tablet, but I had few annoying minor issues that is just me and it doesn't mean the tablet is bad.

S-Finder/S-Voice - I hate it when it keeps popping up. Every time I try to take notes, and I accidentally press it or have to switch apps, it just keep popping up.

Battery Life - Although the battery life isn't bad, it is a pity you can't really last a whole day without charging. I am pretty sure you can get roughly 10 hours or so depending on your usage and settings. Of course, 10 hours or so is pretty good. It is just that after used to iPad Air's battery life on standby compare to Note 10.1's battery life on standby. iPad seem to win IMO. :P

S-Notes - It is kind of lame IMO. Lacked of templates for note taking, only uses Evernote's cloud which I prefer OneDrive thanks to 1TB storage. xD

Again, this is only a minor issues, and it does NOT make the tablet bad or anything. :P

By the way, I stick with iPad Air because one of the best note taking app on iOS is GoodNotes. Not sure if any of guys uses it, but I really like it over S-Note. Has shitload of templates, support several Cloud's services. :P

Well, first thing first, you should go to retail and mess with Note 10.1 tablet.

Have you tried factory reset on your iPad Air? I am pretty sure it will fix the issues.

I have an iPad Air, and I never had the issues you had.

Of course, I also bought Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition - 32GB - Black to replace my iPad Air for handwritten note taking purpose with the stylus. It is a decent tablet, but I had few annoying minor issues that is just me and it doesn't mean the tablet is bad.

S-Finder/S-Voice - I hate it when it keeps popping up. Every time I try to take notes, and I accidentally press it or have to switch apps, it just keep popping up.

Battery Life - Although the battery life isn't bad, it is a pity you can't really last a whole day without charging. I am pretty sure you can get roughly 10 hours or so depending on your usage and settings. Of course, 10 hours or so is pretty good. It is just that after used to iPad Air's battery life on standby compare to Note 10.1's battery life on standby. iPad seem to win IMO. :P

S-Notes - It is kind of lame IMO. Lacked of templates for note taking, only uses Evernote's cloud which I prefer OneDrive thanks to 1TB storage. xD

Again, this is only a minor issues, and it does NOT make the tablet bad or anything. :P

By the way, I stick with iPad Air because one of the best note taking app on iOS is GoodNotes. Not sure if any of guys uses it, but I really like it over S-Note. Has shitload of templates, support several Cloud's services. :P

Well, first thing first, you should go to retail and mess with Note 10.1 tablet.

I even had the device replaced 4 times. At first i thought it was an issue with ios 8(it was, it was alot worse before) and then after the update fixed it, it wasn't as slow, but it was still slow. And it's not just this ipad that I've had problems with. I've owned every single iPad since release of the first one, all of them seemed to have a weak wifi antenna. 

I even had the device replaced 4 times. At first i thought it was an issue with ios 8(it was, it was alot worse before) and then after the update fixed it, it wasn't as slow, but it was still slow. And it's not just this ipad that I've had problems with. I've owned every single iPad since release of the first one, all of them seemed to have a weak wifi antenna. 

Odd, I never had an issue with it.

Maybe it is what kurahk7 said about your router and iPad wireless antenna signal. 

I had the 10.1....ended up taking it back. Maybe I got stuck with a bad one but it took me around 4-5 hours to fully charge the battery, and it would discharge in 2 hours of screen time.

I had the 10.1....ended up taking it back. Maybe I got stuck with a bad one but it took me around 4-5 hours to fully charge the battery, and it would discharge in 2 hours of screen time.

Nah, it is normal.

I forgot to mention, Note 10.1 tablet take a long ass time to charge compare to my iPad Air, lol.

Seriously, it will take you several or couple of hours to fully charge whereas my iPad will take probably an hour or two, lol.

It is quite annoying when you need the juice at an important time. :P

I believe the reason is the charger probably have low voltages/amps to make it charge fast.