600-700€ build

Nordellak

Hello everyone!

A friend of mine has asked me to choose for him the components of his new computer. His absolute max is 700€, although he prefers to hover around the 650€ figure. The components I've finally chosen are these:

CPU: Intel i3 4160 - 115€

MOBO: Gigabyte H97 HD3 - 95€

GRAPHICS: Sapphire Raderon R9 270 Dual-X - 161€

RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 1600MHz 2x4GB - 74€

SSD: Crucial MX100 128GB - 68€

HDD: None

CASE: Corsair Carbide 200R Black - 69€

PSU: Corsair CX500 - 66€

Total: 648€

Do you think it's a nice build? Is it balanced? Will the i3 give a big difference in performance compared to an i5, or will it perform fine (he doesn't need to do anything extreme :P)? If you think it will be much much better to upgrade to an i5, what components would you downgrade to fit into the budget?

Thanks beforehand :)

Hello everyone!

A friend of mine has asked me to choose for him the components of his new computer. His absolute max is 700€, although he prefers to hover around the 650€ figure. The components I've finally chosen are these:

CPU: Intel i3 4160 - 115€

MOBO: Gigabyte H97 HD3 - 95€

GRAPHICS: Sapphire Raderon R9 270 Dual-X - 161€

RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 1600MHz 2x4GB - 74€

SSD: Crucial MX100 128GB - 68€

HDD: None

CASE: Corsair Carbide 200R Black - 69€

PSU: Corsair CX500 - 66€

Total: 648€

Do you think it's a nice build? Is it balanced? Will the i3 give a big difference in performance compared to an i5, or will it perform fine (he doesn't need to do anything extreme :P)? If you think it will be much much better to upgrade to an i5, what components would you downgrade to fit into the budget?

Thanks beforehand :)

Get an hdd instead of an ssd. If he doesnt already have an hdd then get one. Other than that try and get a core i3 4130 and h81 motherboard and with the money saved get a faster gpu like a r9 280.

Move the motherboard over to the H81 chipset to save a bit of cash.

Switch the MX100 out to a 1TB WD Blue.

Purchase a R9 280 with the saved cash.

| Intel i7 5820K @ 4.8GHz | G.Skill Ripjaws 4X4GB | X99 PRO | HoF 980 | Asus MX299Q | Sennheiser HD600 |

i woad get fx 6300 since modern games take 4 cores and you can stream but it has lower fps in dual core games

Thanks for your responses guys.

His main goal isn't gaming, so i think the R9 270 is enough for him. He already has a couple of hard drives, so the SSD will give him a significant boost of performance overall.

The i3 4160 and the i3 4130 are the same price here in Spain, so if the 4160 is better we'll go with that I guess.

About the motherboard: are there any drawbacks for using the h81 chipset?

Thanks for the info!

Thanks for your responses guys.

His main goal isn't gaming, so i think the R9 270 is enough for him. He already has a couple of hard drives, so the SSD will give him a significant boost of performance overall.

The i3 4160 and the i3 4130 are the same price here in Spain, so if the 4160 is better we'll go with that I guess.

About the motherboard: are there any drawbacks for using the h81 chipset?

Thanks for the info!

H81 has less features and also will not support broad well processors whenever they come out. Also if you are getting the i3 4160 you most probably have to get an h97 motherboard since h81 motherboards require a BIOS update in order for it to work. The i3 4130 however will work fine with both the h81. So get the i3 4130 and h81 to save money ^^