$1500 dollar gaming pc help

salah2000

Hey

Im in the market for a new pc and my bidget is 1500 including keyboard and mouse. I already have a monitor though. The initial build can include just a 120gb ssd (or more) and ill add a hdd later. The keyboard is preffered mechanical and im not too fussy about mouses. I usually game at 2500dpi. I was hoping for a gtx 970 and a 4790k but im not sure if it will fit. Also if i cam fit i really would like a 240mm watercooler. I hope im not dreaming too much and that these things can actually be accomplished with this budget. Thanks for help

What kind of dollars are you using? Why watercool and an i7 instead of an i5?

Moving thread to New Builds and Planning--please post in the correct sub-forum in the future.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Im sorry i didnt see the subforum and i7 is preffered but not needed. Just mainly beacuse my previous build has a 4690k.

Its au dollars but theres a discount store that sells the parts for very close or on par to ncix

So are you saying you already have a 4690k? You will not get any performance boost with an i7 when gaming.

If you have the i5 4690k you could just upgrade some parts (graphics card, ssd, ram) instead of buying a whole new system, and save a lot of money.

No i had a build and sold it

It had a 4690k

R9 280x

1tb hdd

Coolermaster tx3 evo cooler

Gigabyte z97mx5 gaming

Corsair obsidian 350d

Antec hcg 620m

and why exactly would you sell that? With a budget of 1500$ you will end up with about the same build. you would only get a newer graphics card and an SSD.

Also: quote someone if you want them to reply. That way they get a notification.

Im sorry i didnt see the subforum and i7 is preffered but not needed. Just mainly beacuse my previous build has a 4690k.

You need to quote a post or tag a member or else they won't get a notification you replied to them.

and why exactly would you sell that? With a budget of 1500$ you will end up with about the same build. you would only get a newer graphics card and an SSD.

^ Basically.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Lmao i dont want to sound materialistic but i was mainly sick of the way it looked and its size. It had a black and red theme and i wanted a white case and blue theme with this one.

You need to quote a post or tag a member or else they won't get a notification you replied to them.

^ Basically.

Lmao i dont want to sound materialistic but i was mainly sick of the way it looked and its size. It had a black and red theme and i wanted a white case and blue theme with this one.

If that was such a big deal, it would've been a good idea to mention that in the first place. 

How's something like this look? http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/HpLZvK

If that was such a big deal, it would've been a good idea to mention that in the first place. 

How's something like this look? http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/HpLZvK

Its good but that power supply isnt really available and i think i wanna go with mini itx. also 128gb ssd is more than enough for me as i am gonna add a 1tb hdd pretty soon after and its just a boot drive

if u want to use the actual price of the place to do it its called msy nsw

Its good but that power supply isnt really available and i think i wanna go with mini itx. also 128gb ssd is more than enough for me as i am gonna add a 1tb hdd pretty soon after and its just a boot drive

A 120/128GB ssd isn't much cheaper than the 240GB Arc.

if u want to use the actual price of the place to do it its called msy nsw

Are you not open to other Aus shops?

A 120/128GB ssd isn't much cheaper than the 240GB Arc.

Are you not open to other Aus shops?

i am but msy is the cheapest as they are in drivable distance so no shipping fee and they always have better deals than mwave and pc case gear

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($314.00 @ Umart)
CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X31 69.5 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($89.00 @ CPL Online)
Motherboard: ASRock Z97 Anniversary ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($125.00 @ Umart)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2133 Memory  ($100.00 @ IJK)
Storage: OCZ ARC 100 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($75.00 @ PLE Computers)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB Superclocked ACX Video Card  ($485.00 @ CPL Online)
Case: NZXT S340 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($99.00 @ PCCaseGear)
Power Supply: Corsair CX 500W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($92.00 @ IJK)
Keyboard: Cherry G80-3800 MX Board 2.0 Wired Standard Keyboard  ($75.00 @ CPL Online)
Mouse: Cooler Master CM Storm Recon Wired Optical Mouse  ($59.00 @ CPL Online)
Total: $1513.00
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-02-19 22:56 EST+1100

i am but msy is the cheapest as they are in drivable distance so no shipping fee and they always have better deals than mwave and pc case gear

In that case, how's this look instead?

a4a15f6525c50423b8b0830b5020a80f.png

64779b9210dbf65ddf75b358233b3bc4.png

Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2133 Memory  ($100.00 @ IJK)

Storage: OCZ ARC 100 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($75.00 @ PLE Computers)

Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB Superclocked ACX Video Card  ($485.00 @ CPL Online)

Case: NZXT S340 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($99.00 @ PCCaseGear)

Power Supply: Corsair CX 500W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($92.00 @ IJK)

Keyboard: Cherry G80-3800 MX Board 2.0 Wired Standard Keyboard  ($75.00 @ CPL Online)

Total: $1513.00

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-02-19 22:56 EST+1100

thanks for all the replies but i think im gonna go with this one

Hey guys sorry for any trouble but my budget has been boosted to around 1850 MAX and i really want an nzxt phantom. I dont know which one. Sorry for any extra trouble.

Hey guys sorry for any trouble but my budget has been boosted to around 1850 MAX and i really want an nzxt phantom. I dont know which one. Sorry for any extra trouble.

Much nicer case than the 410:

Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-2400 Memory  ($192.00 @ IJK)

Storage: Crucial BX100 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($149.00 @ Mwave Australia)

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro ATX Full Tower Case  ($129.00 @ PCCaseGear)

Power Supply: XFX XTR 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($136.00 @ Mwave Australia)

Keyboard: Ducky Zero Shine Blue LED Keyboard  Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($109.00 @ CPL Online)

Total: $1787.00

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-02-20 23:09 EST+1100

Much nicer case than the 410:

Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-2400 Memory  ($192.00 @ IJK)

Storage: Crucial BX100 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($149.00 @ Mwave Australia)

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro ATX Full Tower Case  ($129.00 @ PCCaseGear)

Power Supply: XFX XTR 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($136.00 @ Mwave Australia)

Keyboard: Ducky Zero Shine Blue LED Keyboard  Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($109.00 @ CPL Online)

Total: $1787.00

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-02-20 23:09 EST+1100

i really like that build though i think im going to go with the asrock z97 pro 4 and theres a razer deathadde chroma for 59. Also i am a bit size constainted so i dont think a full tower will fit which is why i didnt go with the phantom 530. Lastly theres a coolermaster v650 for $124 and i think thats better for me because there arent any really evga warranty services in australia wheras cooler master is a bigger company and is easier to acces here.