HDD Noise

Rob.Larby

I just bought a WD Black 1TB and I've noticed that i can hear noise from it whereas my other Seagate drive is completely silent. How can i tell if there is anything wrong with the drive?

The sound is fairly quiet and i can't describe it, here's a video of it when i start the WD Diagnostic tool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGCJdbzPcuE&feature=youtu.be

I can't really hear anything out of the ordinary but if you're not happy with it you could RMA. Just keep in mind that the Blacks do run a little louder than most drives.

I don't hear anything unusual either. I don't own a WD Black, but I do have a Seagate, Hitachi and WD Blue and among them, my WD Blue is the loudest, although with the side panel on I hear none of them.

You can try exchanging the HDD for another one.

I just bought a WD Black 1TB and I've noticed that i can hear noise from it whereas my other Seagate drive is completely silent. How can i tell if there is anything wrong with the drive? The sound is fairly quiet and i can't describe it' date=' here's a video of it when i start the WD Diagnostic tool. [url']http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGCJdbzPcuE&feature=youtu.be

Sounds normal to me, my black is louder than my blue, which is louder than my red.

I think either you might want to put mic a little closer to the case or it's just making it's regular noise. Is your Seagate 7200RPM as well? Because it might just be it being louder because it's a faster drive.

Please quote me if you want me to see your post about my post, otherwise I may lose track of the thread and never see it.

I'd love to help, but I'm probably gonna' have to ask for more info before we can get anything done.

Have a wonderful day.

I think either you might want to put mic a little closer to the case or it's just making it's regular noise. Is your Seagate 7200RPM as well? Because it might just be it being louder because it's a faster drive.
blacks are 7200rpm drives