Sound Card Help

SeanAngelo

So i'm finally resolving my issue of my sound stuttering whenever I'm playing BF3 through my speakers.

If you want to find out the problem I'm having, CLICK HERE

I figured that disabling the HD Audio from my motherboard is not a solution as I still want sound, so I decided to buy a cheap yet good enough sound card. The sound card I chose was THIS it's not that expensive and I suspect it's good enough.

So, what are your thoughts on this?

Please feel free to suggest any other sound card :) 

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

Have you ordered the card or not?

Because if you're sure it's the onboard that's the source of the problem, and you need a replacement, it maybe better to go external as well, to avoid EMI noises from internal stuffs. A syba dac should be good. 

Have you ordered the card or not?

Because if you're sure it's the onboard that's the source of the problem, and you need a replacement, it maybe better to go external as well, to avoid EMI noises from internal stuffs. A syba dac should be good. 

I haven't ordered it yet.

Why do I need to go external? I know you said it will avoid EMI noises but what component could be interfering with the sound card?

Do I really, really need a syba dac? I don't really wanna spend anymore :/

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

I haven't ordered it yet.

Why do I need to go external? I know you said it will avoid EMI noises but what component could be interfering with the sound card?

Do I really, really need a syba dac? I don't really wanna spend anymore :/

Yeah, seems like the syba dac is about 10 pounds more pricier. Go with the DGX then. I've owned the DG (PCI version), and it's nothing special. It gets the jobs done, but not very good-as-advertised headphone amp. Kinda dirty and underpowered. 

Have you tried uninstalling your onboard audio driver, and then re-install it again?

You should be able to download the driver here

tried installing an updated one, and my PC goes into repair mode (LOL) no idea why

Yeah, seems like the syba dac is about 10 pounds more pricier. Go with the DGX then. I've owned the DG (PCI version), and it's nothing special. It gets the jobs done, but not very good-as-advertised headphone amp. Kinda dirty and underpowered. 

alright, thanks for the help! :) i really appreciate it!

Old Rig