Dual 1440p monitor GPU choice

Xv Ghostly vX

So I have saved up some money and plan on making my first build. I have watched a ton of videos over the past 6 months and can't wait to turn this into a reality. I want this to be extremely nice. The only problem is am unsure about something involving displays.

My plan is to buy two 1440p monitors. I want the ROG Swift as my main gaming monitor, and I want a second Asus PB278Q 1440p monitor strictly for web browsing, youtube videos, basic stuff. No gaming at all on the second monitor basically.

I know it is a little overkill but its what I want. Anyway, will 2 SLI GTX 980 EVGA SC FTW be able to run both of these at 1440p with all ultra setting on the ROG Swift? How many fps would I be estimated to get on both monitors?

I have done some research also as to how to set this up. Many people have advised to use DVI as opposed to HDMI. Which is better?

Also, I have read that you should hook both monitors up to 1 of the 980s. You should not plug each monitor into their own GPU. Is this correct? Is that even possible?

Sorry for all my long winded questions, I'm just sort of a noob when it comes to displays.

weiners

First off, don't get the PB278Q as a secondary monitor. Huge waste of money. Even as a primary it's not a great choice. 

As a secondary monitor get a QNIX QX2710. To answer your other questions:

1.Two GTX 980 will be plenty for running an ROG Swift.

2. You will need to use DisplayPort to get full 144Hz on the Swift. However for the secondary 60Hz, DVI and HDMI will perform identical. Neither is better then the other but QNIX is DVI-only.

3. When in SLI both monitors need to be connected to one graphics card.

"Rawr XD"

First off, don't get the PB278Q as a secondary monitor. Huge waste of money. Even as a primary it's not a great choice. 

As a secondary monitor get a QNIX QX2710. To answer your other questions:

1.Two GTX 980 will be plenty for running an ROG Swift.

2. You will need to use DisplayPort to get full 144Hz on the Swift. However for the secondary 60Hz, DVI and HDMI will perform identical. Neither is better then the other but QNIX is DVI-only.

3. When in SLI both monitors need to be connected to one graphics card.

Thanks so much for the help. Now I know what I plan to do is possible.

Is there a reason why the asus PB278Q is a bad monitor though. It seemed like it was a popular choice and had many good reviews. I looked up the QNIX one you advised on newegg. Is there a major difference between the regular version, the perfect pixel version, and the evolution II?

weiners

Is there a reason why the asus PB278Q is a bad monitor though. It seemed like it was a popular choice and had many good reviews. I looked up the QNIX one you advised on newegg. Is there a major difference between the regular version, the perfect pixel version, and the evolution II?

The PB278Q isn't that great of a monitor. Input lag is meh, ghosting is meh, response time is meh... It's only popular because it's Asus and is advertised a lot. At a similar price point the BenQ BL2710PT is a definite better choice. However the PB278QR on the other hand is a great monitor.

However again speaking back to it being a secondary monitor, it's pointless spending that much for a secondary when you already have an ROG Swift as a primary. You're going to be much happier knowing that you saved money rather then knowing you paid more for a difference you won't notice.

QNIX versions:

Regular - standard single-input qnix, Samsung PLS panel, not bad, but evo ii is better for the same price so don't get this

Perfect Pixel - scam, don't get this

Evolution II - newer single-input version, AU AHVA panel, this is the one you want to get 

"Rawr XD"