Mobo NO POST

Go to solution Solved by Jetster,

Open box come with some stipulations. But try it.

Hardware 

Mobo: msi a78m-e35

CPU: AMD A10-7850K

Memory: PNY DDR3 2133Mhz pc3-17000 8GB 2x4GB

PSU: Antec HCG 620W

I was updating my BIOS within windows with the AMI Bios flashing utility. Froze about 70% wated 20 mins system still frozen.

Rebooted no post black screen 

tried resetting CMOS nothing. 

I just bought this all the parts yesterday. Please help 

cooljonathan, on 15 Feb 2015 - 7:07 PM, said:

You didn't install Windows yet right?

Already installed windows if you read more closley

Sounds like the board is bricked. This is why you don't use flash utilities from within the OS. FAT32 USB flash from BIOS is the best way.

Why were you updating the BIOS?

LanSyndicate Build | i5-6600k | ASRock OC Formula | G.Skill 3600MHz | Samsung 850 Evo | MSI R9-290X 8GB Alphacool Block | Enthoo Pro M | XTR Pro 750w | Custom Loop |

Daily | 5960X | X99 Sabertooth | G.Skill 3000MHz | 750 NVMe | 850 Evo | x2 WD Se 2TB | x2 Seagate 3TB | Sapphire R9-290X 8GB | Enthoo Primo | EVGA 1000G2 | Custom Loop |

Game Box | 4690K | Z97i-Plus | G.Skill 2400MHz | x2 840 Evo | GTX 970 shorty | Corsair 250D modded with H105 | EVGA 650w B2 |

Was not up to date. Is there a way around this. ?¿ cause I do not want to return this. Id have to make a trip back to Fry's.

Sounds like the board is bricked. This is why you don't use flash utilities from within the OS. FAT32 USB flash from BIOS is the best way.

Why were you updating the BIOS?

This!

Sounds like you have paperweight...

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling

Was not up to date. Is there a way around this. ?¿ cause I do not want to return this. Id have to make a trip back to Fry's.

Probably not :(

Isn't there a way I can short the pins on the mobo or something. Not referring to CMOS

Unless the update provided a measurable improvement in some way, i.e. overclocking or adding CPU/RAM support that you need, a BIOS flash is never recommended (unless something is not functioning correctly). There are exceptions to this rule like boards with dual BIOS's or BIOS Flashback, where you run no risk of bricking the board.

Returning it is your best option. Just be glad you don't have to RMA the board...unless it takes you a week or two to get to Fry's, then it's a toss up.

LanSyndicate Build | i5-6600k | ASRock OC Formula | G.Skill 3600MHz | Samsung 850 Evo | MSI R9-290X 8GB Alphacool Block | Enthoo Pro M | XTR Pro 750w | Custom Loop |

Daily | 5960X | X99 Sabertooth | G.Skill 3000MHz | 750 NVMe | 850 Evo | x2 WD Se 2TB | x2 Seagate 3TB | Sapphire R9-290X 8GB | Enthoo Primo | EVGA 1000G2 | Custom Loop |

Game Box | 4690K | Z97i-Plus | G.Skill 2400MHz | x2 840 Evo | GTX 970 shorty | Corsair 250D modded with H105 | EVGA 650w B2 |

RMA the board the bios is corrupted send your board in for an RMA so the BIOS chip can be physically replaced. Warranty would normally cover this 1 time only. Next time they wont.

Also ask for advice from Fry's for the best way to update the chip. warrenty should cover this unless, its writen somewhere that they wont cover that ofc.

This is why you don't update the BIOS if everything is working correctly. Does it have dual BIOs?

You will have to go to MSI for the RMA. Don't tell them you updated it. They will not cover that, 

There are some tricks to fix it if you can't get an RMA. Its just not easy

Fry's wont help you at all

This is why you don't update the BIOS if everything is working correctly. Does it have dual BIOs?

You will have to go to MSI for the RMA. Don't tell them you updated it. They will not cover that,

There are some tricks to fix it if you can't get an RMA. Its just not easy

Fry's wont help you at all

Well I really don't want to RMA the board. To long of a process but I will if Fry's doesn't work out. The board I did buy was open box. So I could go back to Fry's and tell them it just stopped working?¿

Open box come with some stipulations. But try it.

Just went to frys. Asked for an exchange for a new one. got my new board in. All working fine. Never going to flash bios within windows.