fractal design core 1000. atx mobo. lets begin.

BurgerBum
Go to solution Solved by BurgerBum,

nevermind.

everyone can stop caring about this thread now. i contacted customer support and the issue is resolved. i'll order a different case when my money is refunded.

URRE WON CAN SHTEP STUFF NOAW

alright, so i just ordered my fractal design core 1000, my new bootdrive and a case fan for my new build.

and yes i totally realized the core 1000 was mATX before i made my purchase. *scared, embarrased blush* (i did before hand, but because some reason no one can figure out i baught it anyway) 

so.

everyone grab a dr.pepper, some photos of the core 1000 and lets start brainstorming......

because i am screwed otherwise. x'D (yes i could return it but if we can ge this working for less hassle than modding is my path)

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

._. ;-; rally? ;-;

like, i'll test fit and all that before i go cutting holes... but.... it doesnt look like it will fit AT ALL.... my motherboard hieght is the size of two I/O shields (ish) and the core 1000 isnt nearly that tall.. ._.

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

alright, so i just ordered my fractal design core 1000, my new bootdrive and a case fan for my new build.

and yes i totally realized the core 1000 was mATX before i made my purchase. *scared, embarrased blush* (i did before hand, but because some reason no one can figure out i baught it anyway) 

so.

everyone grab a dr.pepper, some photos of the core 1000 and lets start brainstorming......

because i am screwed otherwise. x'D (yes i could return it but if we can ge this working for less hassle than modding is my path)

If that was me, I would figure out a way to move the PSU back into the case, say mount it somehow on the top of the case in the front (depending on the size of the PSU), Or if you don't mind being ghetto, have in the front of case laying down and run power cable through the case, out the back.

Ran by coffee

Put the PSU in the 5.25" bays with maybe a little coming out the bottom, drill holes for stand offs, put motherboard in case and reshape the back of the case.

I imagine it will take a bit do actually get done but that is what comes to my mind for this problem.

CPU: i7 5820K 4.0GHz @1.15V | MOBO: Asus X99 Sabertooth | GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 980Ti, LTT Orange | CASE: NZXT H440 Black 2015 | COOLER: Noctua NH-D15S w/ LTT Fans | RAM: 32GB Patriot 3000MHz | STORAGE: 512GB Samsung 950 Pro, 960GB Sandisk Ultra II 3 x 8TB Seagate HDD's | PSU: 750W Seasonic X series, black / orange cablemod cables| Monitors: 3x Asus VX24AH's | AUDIO OUT: Microlab SOLO 8C, Sennheiser HD 650's, Audio engine D1 Amp / DAC | AUDIO IN: Blue Snowball | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire TK MX Green | Mouse: Logitech G900 Proteus Spectrum + RSI Extended Mouse Pad | PCPP Linkhttp://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/hPjFd6

If that was me, I would figure out a way to move the PSU back into the case, say mount it somehow on the top of the case in the front (depending on the size of the PSU), Or if you don't mind being ghetto, have in the front of case laying down and run power cable through the case, out the back.

Put the PSU in the 5.25" bays with maybe a little coming out the bottom, drill holes for stand offs, put motherboard in case and reshape the back of the case.

I imagine it will take a bit do actually get done but that is what comes to my mind for this problem.

removing the psu wont change anything, as its top mounted and the mbo needs to be lined up right.

-Jim Hensen

nevermind.

everyone can stop caring about this thread now. i contacted customer support and the issue is resolved. i'll order a different case when my money is refunded.

-Jim Hensen

nevermind.

Waht abert tha Fractal design core 1100??! therts etererx

I3-4150 | Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | 8GB KINGSTON FURY RAM | MSI Z97-G43 | HYPERX FURY 120GB SSD SAPPHIRE HD7950 VAPOR-X | Phanteks Enthoo Pro M | EVGA 500W | Corsair SP120's w/ NZXT Fan Hub

Plans: I5-4690K || EVGA GS 650W | KINGSTON FURY 8GB RAM  PCPARTPICKER: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/

Waht abert tha Fractal design core 1100??! therts etererx

i picked out the core 1000. not the 1100. 

also both are mATX if my memory serves me just.

im getting something entirely different anyway. gonna use pcpp this time... T^T x'D

-Jim Hensen

i picked out the core 1000. not the 1100. 

also both are mATX if my memory serves me just.

im getting something entirely different anyway. gonna use pcpp this time... T^T x'D

let me translate,

What about the Fractal design core 1100 thats atx! ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I3-4150 | Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | 8GB KINGSTON FURY RAM | MSI Z97-G43 | HYPERX FURY 120GB SSD SAPPHIRE HD7950 VAPOR-X | Phanteks Enthoo Pro M | EVGA 500W | Corsair SP120's w/ NZXT Fan Hub

Plans: I5-4690K || EVGA GS 650W | KINGSTON FURY 8GB RAM  PCPARTPICKER: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/

let me translate,

What about the Fractal design core 1100 thats atx! ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

but it costs more.

i only went with the core 1000 because when i placed my order it was 29.99 and free shipping. 

this isnt the kinda situation where i can go '''meh, i like this one more for five more bucks'' because i literally dont have five more bucks.

my order is canceled, what i plan on doing is finding a good budget case with good airflow or saving up for the bitfenix outlaw.

-Jim Hensen

but it costs more.

i only went with the core 1000 because when i placed my order it was 29.99 and free shipping. 

this isnt the kinda situation where i can go '''meh, i like this one more for five more bucks'' because i literally dont have five more bucks.

my order is canceled, what i plan on doing is finding a good budget case with good airflow or saving up for the bitfenix outlaw.

nvm, it was a joke about how you chose a matx case, and i suggested another matx (so it was sarcasm)