Sub doesnt work?

spwath

Yeah, it wont turn on. 

What can i do?

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

You can say more about it.

You can say more about it.

Like what? It wont turn on.

The brand is polk, i will tell you model in a min, let me check.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Like what? It wont turn on.

The brand is polk, i will tell you model in a min, let me check.

Its like someone says "my gpu does not work" and expect answer. 

What model? Any previous indications that could lead to this? Does it show any sign of life?

Its like someone says "my gpu does not work" and expect answer.

What model? Any previous indications that could lead to this? Does it show any sign of life?

Hold on, I seem to have misplaced it.

Life, no, when you turn it on, nothing happens, no sound, led not on.

We haven't used it in years so I can't tell you what led up.

Hold on, I seem to have misplaced it.

Life, no, when you turn it on, nothing happens, no sound, led not on.

We haven't used it in years so I can't tell you what led up.

Only thing you can check without disassembly is to measure resistance between two "spikes" on power plug (dont know how to say that on english). That way we can check if power cable is loosen.

Only thing you can check without disassembly is to measure resistance between two "spikes" on power plug (dont know how to say that on english). That way we can check if power cable is loosen.

Prongs i would say.

but yeah, i cant find it. I need to see what my dad did with it... i saw it yesterday...

Ok, its in the garbage can, let me go take it out...

It's a Polk psw202 53481

Now what can I do to troubleshoot, it won't turn on

It's a Polk psw202 53481

Now what can I do to troubleshoot, it won't turn on

First check that resistance I mentioned in my last post.

First check that resistance I mentioned in my last post.

Like electrical?

How would i do that?

Like electrical?

How would i do that?

You need multimeter. Set it to few kOhms and measure.

You need multimeter. Set it to few kOhms and measure.

Yeah i dont have one

Yeah i dont have one

Then you need to open it and first search for any loosen wires.

After that check fuse.

After you make sure there are no, you search for dead component. Sometimes they are really hard to find so only way you could find it is by searching for burned or "exploded" one/s.

Then you need to open it and first search for any loosen wires.

After that check fuse.

After you make sure there are no, you search for dead component. Sometimes they are really hard to find so only way you could find it is by searching for burned or "exploded" one/s.

I dont really want to open it.

Ill just not use a bass

I dont really want to open it.

Ill just not use a bass

Its your call but its just a waste if you trow it :(

Its your call but its just a waste if you trow it :(

IDK, there are warning on it and stuff.

I dont really know what im doing.

IDK, there are warning on it and stuff.

I dont really know what im doing.

If you unplug it and leave for 5 minutes you can lick over the pcb and nothing would happen to you. (if its clean :D )

I dont want to make you do that so you decide :)

If you unplug it and leave for 5 minutes you can lick over the pcb and nothing would happen to you. (if its clean :D )

I dont want to make you do that so you decide :)

ok,

and it hasnt been on for years so i guess its safe.